Talk

Advanced search

Fucksticks

(18 Posts)
LookAtTheFlowersKerry Fri 14-Apr-17 10:35:13

I said this last night in earshot of DS2 (5).

He thought it was hilarious and kept repeating it, except he said 'F-word Sticks'.

I thought he would have forgotten all about it this morning but he's still banging on. 'Haha Mummy you said 'f-word sticks' yesterday <giggles like a maniac>'.

I've got just over a week before he goes back to school. Please tell me he'll have forgotten all about it by then. We've had a letter home recently about the children using bad words in the playground, which turned out to be 'penis' and 'poo' so they have a low tolerance for colourful language.

I'm going to be ostracised by the other parents, aren't I?

Fucksake.

Huldra Fri 14-Apr-17 10:37:27

I'm adopting that word, or adapt it to Fucklesticks.

DoorwayToNorway Fri 14-Apr-17 10:42:09

Fucksticks is one of the poshest swearwords I've ever heard. I have a potty mouth, only one of my children ever repeated the words, although not anymore as he knows it's ugly and unpleasant. The others are just embarrassed by me.
The school sent a letter home though? Can they not just ask the children not to say the words or just ignore it? A letter home seems like major over kill.

someonestolemynick Fri 14-Apr-17 10:47:09

Ignore, brazen it out. He will soon loose interest.

Ds: You said fucksticks.
You: I know.

Bobbins43 Fri 14-Apr-17 10:54:40

My DS has some issues with speech but has managed to pick up "Oh, for fahrk's sake!"

FML.

WorraLiberty Fri 14-Apr-17 10:56:02

I don't believe in ignoring it, especially since he's 5 and presumably old enough to understand that it's a word you shouldn't have said.

Tell him if he repeats it at school, he'll be in a lot of trouble with the teacher and with you too, now you've told him he mustn't say it.

I do love Fucksticks though grin

EweAreHere Fri 14-Apr-17 11:29:20

I think I might adopt this for myself. grin

Tell him he'll lose his breaks at school if he repeats it. And he'll lose things at home. It's not for him.

grumpysquash3 Fri 14-Apr-17 11:45:21

My DN (age 3) heard his mum say 'BumFaces' which he thought was a super-bad swear word and still says sometimes, a year later. So your DS might not forget.....!

Reow Fri 14-Apr-17 11:52:17

Go on YouTube and look up the song Fucksticks by Kunt and the Gang grin

Doublevodkaredbull Fri 14-Apr-17 12:32:54

I love Fucksticks.

I'm careful around DD but things do slip out within earshot! Bollocks has become bubbles and fuck has been replaced with fudge.

So not the same.

MargotFenring Fri 14-Apr-17 13:05:03

My DS loves a good secret swear, he is only 5! I hear him whispering the words sometimes, which I know is terrible and he gets admonished. However he won't do it at school. At all. He is very particular about that, and is a total grass if he overhears a class mate say something mild - like bum!

I reckon, he will know not to say it. Especially if you emphasise the importance of not saying it.

He recently sang his Nanny a rhyme that goes:
5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Grandad got his gun.
Shot Nanny in the Danny

I had literally no words.

MargotFenring Fri 14-Apr-17 13:05:27

Arghhhhh, autocorrect. Nanny in the fanny!

jammyjay Fri 14-Apr-17 16:16:34

Thanks to my DP my DS was telling us all to fuck off! DP thinks it's hilarioushmm! They're currently visiting DP's parents so hopefully DS will tell MIL what I've been wanting to say for the last 15 years! grin

jammyjay Fri 14-Apr-17 16:21:23

(He's 2!) grin

wittyUserNameHere Fri 14-Apr-17 16:25:00

How does a 5 year old know to change 'fuck' into 'the f-word'?

You may well be rightly ostracised.

anyoldname76 Fri 14-Apr-17 16:26:00

tell him it was fudgesticks

badhotfanny Fri 14-Apr-17 18:03:55

Sorry, what? The school have a problem with the words penis and poo???

KindergartenKop Fri 14-Apr-17 18:14:21

My kids call them penises. Coz they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now