Talk

Advanced search

To think it's a mistake to make all the baby and toddler toys LOOK like baby and toddler toys?

(2 Posts)
Placeanditspatrons Thu 13-Apr-17 23:15:00

Both my dc have always preferred more realistic looking figures and toys rather than the primary colour cartoon style stuff you usually get for babies and toddlers.
Why don't they make them look more real with less garish colours but still in large pieces so as not to be choking hazards? I know allegedly that babies prefer bright colours but surely by 12 months they could have toys that looked more like what they were meant to be!
Dd is obsessed with ds's playmobil because the people look like real people and when ds was that age he hated the babyish style cars with eyes etc and wanted the more grown up ones!

NeedMoreSleepOrSugar Thu 13-Apr-17 23:24:37

You've just reminded me of how dd loved dinosaur toys when she was around 1yr old, but only the "proper" ones, with big teeth and claws etc. She hated the cute fluffy versions!
Likewise she always liked the b toys range which is less garish primary colours and more of a 60s/70s palette.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now