Talk

Advanced search

Competitive mums / competitive sports

(10 Posts)
hugsarealwaysneededhere1 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:06:14

I'm really getting hacked off with parents screaming at their kids to over take 'that kid', paying kids to win and generally behaving like their kids are cash cows!
Rant over.
But seriously Aibu to think this behaviour could cause their kids real damage? I also worry how it could impact on my own kids hearing it.

Astro55 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:08:59

They are sad gits!

Can you imagine screaming during a maths test? LOL

hugsarealwaysneededhere1 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:13:25

Ha!! I expect they do that too!

WorraLiberty Thu 13-Apr-17 23:14:57

I'm not really sure what you mean?

What sport in particular and what do you mean by cash cows?

hugsarealwaysneededhere1 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:21:44

Lots of sports, I seem to be seeing it a lot at sports days, football matches, cross county recently.
Some parents seem to think that screaming at their kids is ok and clearly they will be paying off their houses with their kids sporting genius

Sweets101 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:23:38

It's called "living vicariously" i think
Those that can do, those that can't live vicariously through their kids.
Something like that.

hugsarealwaysneededhere1 Thu 13-Apr-17 23:26:48

Indeed

WorraLiberty Thu 13-Apr-17 23:43:55

Oh I hate seeing that sort of thing at sports days.

But with regards to football matches/athletics/hockey/netball etc as part of a club, I'm not sure parents shouting from the sidelines automatically means they're hoping for money in the future.

As long as they're not being horrible to anyone else, I think it's probably quite encouraging.

Nocabbageinmyeye Thu 13-Apr-17 23:51:16

Isn't a cash cow something you take money from as opposed to give money to?

Anyway, yanbu, dd plays soccer and they often meet to play with another team where the parents are competitive and dog rough "kick the fucking legs off her", "run fucking faster", " just push her out of the way", are just some of the gems they roar, all the parents from other teams are shock, they play under 12's but always play girls from the older teams, who's going to confront people who scream stuff like that at kids hmm, I know they have been reported though so hopefully they get warned to cop on of get out of the league

Leeds2 Fri 14-Apr-17 00:02:48

I think, typically, the better players' parents don't behave like that.

It is horrible to witness though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now