Talk

Advanced search

To think it's time to be rid of the triple-lock on pensions....

(7 Posts)
coconuttella Thu 13-Apr-17 16:03:14

.... I get it keeping paces with earnings, and inflation too if the nation's finances can withstand it, but is there really any case for earnings to increase at 2.5% regardless of earnings and inflation, especially as pensioners are now richer than any other group.

isseywithcats Thu 13-Apr-17 16:06:50

i dont know really what effect the triple lock has on pensions but some of us have to work an extra six years just to get a bloody pension and as ive worked since i was 15 years old and am now 60 to say im pissed off about pensions altogether is an understatement, and no i dont sit at a computer in an office all day i work at a physically demanding job which involves pulling out commercial kitchen units scrubbing floors cleaning overhead canopies

Knittedfrog Thu 13-Apr-17 16:10:58

YABU - that is all, as you were!

Foxyloxy1plus1 Thu 13-Apr-17 16:11:41

I'm not richer than any other group. Our income is way less than the national average, despite having paid into a pension for ever.

HunterHearstHelmsley Thu 13-Apr-17 16:12:38

YANBU

To the pp who thinks office work is a piece of piss.. it's bloody mentally draining a lot of the time. I'd much rather lug things about and not have to think.

UppityHumpty Thu 13-Apr-17 16:16:18

It needs to remain because today's thirty to forty somethings will likely be the poorest pensioners the UK has ever had.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 13-Apr-17 16:19:20

The problem is with removing the triple lock that it won't affect the current crop of pensioners, many of whom are wealthy (many are not) but will affect the next lot who haven't benefited from house prices and higher wages.

This thread will inevitable descend into a combination of "worked hard all their lives" vs "selfish entitled generation" neither and both of which are actually true.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now