Talk

Advanced search

to wonder how something so cute can make that smell?!

(29 Posts)
kathkim Thu 13-Apr-17 16:02:36

My dog just farted. He's the cutest thing that ever walked on 4 legs. The smell he just made could strip the wallpaper off the walls. He's just so cute though.

How is this possible confused

MiddleClassProblem Thu 13-Apr-17 16:04:48

The cuter they are the worse the smell. It's how evolution levels itself. Have you seen a baby skunk?

ThinEndOfASlipperySlope Thu 13-Apr-17 16:05:27

Hah when my dog was a puppy she farted and scared herself! She's now 6 and I've never heard/smelled her fart since, maybe it's the food? She's always been on high protein kibble (70%) until the last year or so, and she now eats raw & bones.

originalbiglymavis Thu 13-Apr-17 16:08:56

Skunks are cute. Some babies are too.

UppityHumpty Thu 13-Apr-17 16:10:19

Applies to human babies too. My nephew is a stinker

BiteyShark Thu 13-Apr-17 16:10:23

Dog farts are evil [boak]

kathkim Thu 13-Apr-17 16:11:55

I had a hamster once which was super-cute but if it farted I never smelled it. The wee was strong though.

kathkim Thu 13-Apr-17 16:12:27

<off to look up baby skunks>

kathkim Thu 13-Apr-17 16:13:21

Just had dog out for big walk - ample opportunity to do a crap, but nothing.

BeastofCraggyIsland Thu 13-Apr-17 16:13:52

Just pray you never experience the smell of their anal glands. In my line of work anal gland evacuation (either me having to do it manually or the dog doing it spontaneously) is pretty much a daily occurrence but the smell can still sometimes make me gag if it catches me off guard.

LadyPW Thu 13-Apr-17 16:17:15

If I could store my dog's silent farts I'd have my own chemical weapon. I'd swear it's a variation on mustard gas - she gets up and walks out of the room and then it hits me.... Dear gods it can be bad.
(But it is cute when she does the noisier ones and turns to look at her bum as if to say 'what was that?')

CigarsofthePharoahs Thu 13-Apr-17 16:17:16

Kittens reek. I love kittens, they're the cutest little things in the world, but having seen some in a pet shop - ugh! Stinky!
They were very well looked after.
As for babies just weaned - argh! Very stinky.

originalbiglymavis Thu 13-Apr-17 17:12:33

Here you go.

harderandharder2breathe Thu 13-Apr-17 17:21:17

My chihuahua didn't do stinky farts, but he used to jump with surprise when he farted, and look around for the source of the noise grin

Friends boxer does silent but deadly ones envy

NeonGod73 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:23:39

Are you sure he is de-wormed?

DJBaggySmalls Thu 13-Apr-17 17:27:38

Boxers are famous for it. I think Boxers are the real reason Wagg invented their odourless fart dog food.

SarcasmMode Thu 13-Apr-17 17:28:46

DHs lab accidentally ate plums once - the farts were so bad I was actually retching.

Topseyt Thu 13-Apr-17 17:34:00

I have a labrador. I refer to his farts as room-clearers. Thankfully they don't tend to be too frequent, but if he has managed to eat some shit gunk when out in the fields I can need a gas mask.

originalbiglymavis Thu 13-Apr-17 17:35:10

Do we have a pic of the cute farty dog?

Wando1986 Thu 13-Apr-17 17:37:18

Get him some YuDigest tablets (used to be called YumPro) they work wonders!

originalbiglymavis Thu 13-Apr-17 17:57:12

Do they work on people?

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Thu 13-Apr-17 17:59:20

Op you could rent him out to get rid of stubborn anaglypta!!

kaitlinktm Thu 13-Apr-17 18:46:16

Awww!

At least your dog owns it. Mine used to let rip, look at me in disgust and walk out of the room.

Surely it should have been the other way round

Meekonsandwich Thu 13-Apr-17 18:47:06

Try changing their food! They shouldn't smell so awful they clear a room haha

Butchers is a great food and it isn't expensive, stopped my dog smelling so bad.

James welbeloved, royal canin and Purina are considered the best by many vets, but you get what you pay for.

Bakers is the absolute worst thing you can give them to be honest despite all the advertising its like junk food for them.

Wolfiefan Thu 13-Apr-17 18:48:22

Convince mine farted at a dog class the other night. Problem is the woman right next to us was kneeling down with her dog. Right at wolfiedog arse height. How she didn't keel over I don't know. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now