Talk

Advanced search

To ask where i can buy contact lenses today??

(16 Posts)
Maltie Thu 13-Apr-17 10:58:01

Ive got a weekend in london this weekend and have completley miscalculated an ran out of contacts. Need somewhere that i can buy them and bring them home today because delivery wont get here in time unless its same day delivery??

jellyfrizz Thu 13-Apr-17 11:03:40

I've done this before! If you go talk nicely to your optician they may give you some of the trial disposables to cover you for the weekend until your order comes in.

Maltie Thu 13-Apr-17 11:16:24

Ah will give that a go! Thankyou

FATEdestiny Thu 13-Apr-17 11:22:56

When was your last contact lenses perscription check? You won't get any if it was over a year ago.

If you have your contact lenses prescription to hand and it is within a year, you can take to pretty much any opticians and get lenses. Unless you have an especially different to norm prescription, they keep most dailies and monthlies in stock.

FATEdestiny Thu 13-Apr-17 11:25:40

I should add that your persciption needs to last until then lenses you want to buy are used by.

So if there are 2 weeks left on your prescription, they will not sell you a pair of monthlies but can sell you 10 days of dailies.

If your prescription runs out in 2 months time you can buy 1 or 2 pairs of monthlies, but not a 3 month pack.

And so on.

Dizzybacon Thu 13-Apr-17 11:25:49

I use contact lens direct and you don't need to send them your prescription. They will offer next day special delivery

Maltie Thu 13-Apr-17 11:57:31

But next day delivery wont arrive tomorrow will.it because of bank hol??

FATEdestiny Thu 13-Apr-17 12:14:56

Do you not have an in date prescription then?

Some of the bigger opticians can take last minute appointments. It depends on how much you sweet talk the staff. Especially if you are willing to travel to a branch with availability.

In the couple of occassions I have needed a same day appointment, Specsavers have managed to fit me in.

Assuming then that your perscription is fairly normal, they should have some less in stock to take away immediately.

FATEdestiny Thu 13-Apr-17 12:15:36

Some lenses* in stock...

MrsJayy Thu 13-Apr-17 12:18:10

Try Boots Dd got Dailys same day appointment last week if you have your presription

RitaMills Thu 13-Apr-17 12:18:27

Just go into your opticians, I miscalculate all the time. I'm with Optical Express and because I pay by monthly DD I get two free pairs per year which I can pick up in store. Never had a problem getting them.

Maltie Thu 13-Apr-17 12:21:29

I do have an indate prescription so gonna try and get a same day appointment now!

user1485984489 Thu 13-Apr-17 12:34:50

Just pop along to see your optician and ask if you can buy enough to keep you going - as mentioned above they may offer you some free samples, but would be polite to offer to pay first.

I ended up staying longer on a trip North than I expected (was looking after a sick friend) - I am with a national opticians. Popped into the local branch with no appointment (200 miles from home) and they had no problem accessing my records/called local branch. And gave me enough so I could drive home again! Am sure they will help.

harderandharder2breathe Thu 13-Apr-17 12:36:38

I'm with specsavers and have always managed to get replacements the same day in store when I've lost or broken a lens (monthly lens here)

FATEdestiny Thu 13-Apr-17 12:38:39

If you have an in date prescription, you don't need an appointment!

Just go to Specsavers, ASDA opticians, Tesco opticians, Boots, anywhere really. It diesnt need to be your normal opticians.

Take your paper prescription with you. It is just a retail transaction. Anyone can sell you contacts with a prescription, you don't need to see anyone.

Just pick the ones you want, if they have it in stock then just pay and leave.

RitaMills Thu 13-Apr-17 12:47:14

I've never made an appointment, I just walk in and say I need a pair of lenses to see me through, they check my details on the computer and give me them there and then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now