Talk

Advanced search

Would you say something?

(10 Posts)
LouBlue1507 Thu 13-Apr-17 10:34:23

I was leaving softplay yesterday, walking to my car when I saw a woman pull into a regular space next to a disabled parking space. Thing is she parked horizontally and was partially in the disabled bay itself not just on the zigzag bits! There was plenty of other spaces available and this disabled bay was the only one remaining.

Would you have said something?

ShowMePotatoSalad Thu 13-Apr-17 10:42:37

Yes I would. I would have said "ooh sorry, just to let you know you're blocking the disabled bay a bit". If she didn't do anythin, I'd get in my car and before setting off I would phone the soft play and let them know, so they can tell her to move her car. Selfish bugger.

WellIGuessThisIsGrowingUp Thu 13-Apr-17 10:43:58

Nope I wouldn't have. You dont know if she is disabled

WellIGuessThisIsGrowingUp Thu 13-Apr-17 10:45:21

Arh sorry just reread your message and noticed she was actually over 2 bays. I still wouldn't have said anything though

LouBlue1507 Thu 13-Apr-17 11:24:16

I did say something, wasn't sure if I was being an interfering moose or not.

I was polite and said 'excuse me, I think you've parked over the disabled bay' . I got 'I know, I need the room to get my baby out', I was a bit annoyed and quipped back. 'We've all got babies here and need space but disabled people need it more, I've been here all afternoon and I've seen lots of disabled people using the spaces. You're stopping someone from using one.'
She promptly told me to F off and mind my own businesss. Probably deserved it but I can't believe how entitled some people are.
I was feeling petty so went back into soft play to let them know and left angry

hideehigh Thu 13-Apr-17 11:39:58

Ugh what an entitled arsehole (her).

Chloe84 Thu 13-Apr-17 11:45:41

What a bitch, you didn't deserve the fuck off.

Mayberry she'll think twice about it next time, despite the bravado.

FABpMummy Thu 13-Apr-17 12:00:03

She's a bitch. I might have politely tackled her if I was leaving so could be confident she wouldn't scratch my car.

UppityHumpty Thu 13-Apr-17 12:36:03

I would have keyed her car when she went in, smashed a light.

ShowMePotatoSalad Thu 13-Apr-17 20:00:18

You were not being petty, you were being a good citizen and trying to ensure that people with disabilities can still go about their daily lives without being blocked from doing so by inconsiderate people. Well done OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now