Talk

Advanced search

to start disliking only workmate?

(10 Posts)
user1488487346 Thu 13-Apr-17 00:59:27

I work in hospitality, started a new job 3 months ago all going great. I'm parttime, so weekends and Wednesdays.

There is only 2 other people working with me, the manager and the woman i'm talking about (they are engaged, together since before they started working there, he runs the place)

She has never worked in hospitality before this job and is great at her job, but she gets really snappy at times and its starting to piss me off cause i'm not really able to talk back/be cheeky back.

as in, if we get busy, she gets pissed off/angry with me, or whoevers working including the chefs, snaps, says shes 'handing in her notice' and 'sick of this crap' every bloody night, i wish she'd just get on with her job rather than complaining and taking it out on anyone when we get busy :S
for instance shes so nice and lovely at times then if were serving a big table together, im one side handing out e/g garlic bread, she gives me daggers and says ''NO, over THAT side!!!'' then yesterday got angry with me because i was busy doing what she asked me to when i was in the middle of making a coffee and hadnt yet returned to bring the coffee to the customer, i said, its a cappucino it wouldnt have gone cold since the boiling coffee is under the milk, she said in a snooty way, oh well i wouldnt know i dont drink them.

i'm nitpicking, but i'm suspicious that she very well may be a thundering bitch excuse my french, and its constantly her story is better than you, you go to answer and she goes 'no not even that, blahblah blah' the kind of person that has to have one up on you.

user1488487346 Thu 13-Apr-17 01:01:36

also, my friend went for a meal yesterday in the cafe and the workmate came into the kitchen after saying ''she's nice, they are a cute couple, i hate her eyebrows though' :S as if i would ever say that to her / or anyone about their friend id just met?

user1488487346 Thu 13-Apr-17 01:02:39

i think my problem is i need to grow a pair of balls and learn to speak my mind and take a risk with my words sometimes, i am quite reserved nowadays and kind of a yes sir 3 bags full sir kind of person...

mselastic Thu 13-Apr-17 07:44:01

It sounds like she is a bit stressed - is she doing the job to help her fiance or because she wants to do the job?

JamesDelaneysHat Thu 13-Apr-17 07:49:07

A thundering bitch grin do you have to work with her every time you are working? But you have probably worked out for yourself that you have to start standing up for yourself more, I'm guessing you've mentioned she's with the boss as you feel that will make it hard to pull her up?

stopfuckingshoutingatme Thu 13-Apr-17 07:50:54

She's a bitch ! Simple

Start to develop some simple and non aggressive responses to her when she is maliciously bitchy

user1488487346 Thu 13-Apr-17 13:49:30

Thanks for the reply! thought i was being mean by thinking she was a bitch, or over sensitive, i think its just our personalities are quite different, shes easily stressed out and provides a running commentary, i am more of a doer..
and yes shes there everytime i work.she's so nice and we get on great at times then other times she gives me these horrible facial expressions and smart comments..

Hillarious Thu 13-Apr-17 14:24:29

What were the eyebrows like? If they were the painted on ones, I would probably have commented too.

user1488487346 Thu 13-Apr-17 14:37:56

:D no not at all, brown natural eyebrows with a bit of light pencil to shape them...*you could still see through them , didnt look like marker...

Hillarious Thu 13-Apr-17 15:01:12

OP - in that case YANBU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now