Talk

Advanced search

To ask how you tame your pubes!!

(18 Posts)
inmyshoos Wed 12-Apr-17 21:16:12

I am quite dark haired and have always been hairy. I also have really sensitive skin.
When i use scissors to trim the fango hair it is all blunt and itches for days. I read on here on a different thread about people using beard trimmers etc so wanted to know what would you guys recommend for trimming without the itchy side effects!!

LucieLucie Wed 12-Apr-17 21:28:31

Lycon wax is the only way for me

I also have sensitive skin and everything else causes major irritation

The hair grows back much softer, so much nicer than stubble wink

MsPavlichenko Wed 12-Apr-17 21:30:49

Avoid all the side effects by leaving alone?

FanaticalFox Wed 12-Apr-17 21:41:20

I've just had a lycon wax it was brilliant. Highly recommend it!

greylove Wed 12-Apr-17 21:45:40

Confession i am not very hairy but I trim with Husbands beard trimmer all over lady parts he He

occasionally shave sides if going swimming But use E45 cream for to shave with under arms legs as I hate hair under arms and legs hubby reckons I am nuts about legs as morning after c-section I quote had no stubble but shave my legs in shower

UppityHumpty Wed 12-Apr-17 21:49:27

If you have coarse hair then even a beard trimmer won't work. I personally just use scissors and keept it a little longer

dementedpixie Wed 12-Apr-17 21:53:03

I use an eleçtric ladyshaver and you can have different lengths. I also use scissors

vintagesewingmachine Wed 12-Apr-17 21:53:34

Philips Lumea to keep me hair free where I want to be then DH's hair clippers to crop it close downstairs

wooster16 Wed 12-Apr-17 21:54:23

Lycon wax! Every eight weeks

QueenMortificado Wed 12-Apr-17 21:55:03

Thirding lycon wax

I was at natural for years and would feel really uncomfortable with how the hair would move around / feel prickly / get trapped etc. I then got waxed and I wouldn't go back, I absolutely love how soft it is and how fine the hair grows back.

It really doesn't hurt that much either

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Wed 12-Apr-17 21:58:43

I use a lion tamer's chair and a whip to tame mine

TheProblemOfSusan Wed 12-Apr-17 22:54:52

Let it all grow free in a glorious thicket?

Though I will confess to having the occasional session with tweezers at the outliers - I stick bikini bottoms or big knickers on and pluck what you can still see. Not much for me. But I have a sensible bikini, wouldn't work with a teeny little number.

elektrawoman Wed 12-Apr-17 22:59:40

Now you've got me thinking. DH uses beard oil to keep his beard soft. Wonder whether it would work on my lady garden?

inmyshoos Wed 12-Apr-17 23:02:13

Lycon wax?? Off to google this....
Can you do it yourself? Or is it a beauty salon job?

FanaticalFox Wed 12-Apr-17 23:04:18

Salon job.

elQuintoConyo Wed 12-Apr-17 23:05:36

A cat o'nine tails and little pieces of chicken.

sitonyourbottom Wed 12-Apr-17 23:11:02

Wax. I have been having a Brazilian done since I was 19 and (though I have have gone 9/10 months without one after 2 of my 3 babies were born just because it was so low on my priority list) now can comfortably go 3 months between waxes with very little regrowth. The hair is very sparse there now and takes ages to grow back. I can't remember the last time I had an ingrown hair.

Madwoman5 Thu 13-Apr-17 00:32:10

Plait it and put beads on the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now