Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wonder if I need to say morning to everyone?

(8 Posts)
GlitterGlue Wed 12-Apr-17 18:17:52

Sometimes I do, often I don't if I'm wandering through a different part of the building, but one colleague has started making a point of giving me a cheery "morning". I have to walk past an awful lot of people. I don't even know all of them. I'm not even 100% of morning lady's name.

I do greet the people I actually work with.

Are you a morninger? Or not a morninger? Do you judge the non morningers?

Bluntness100 Wed 12-Apr-17 18:20:13

I don't walk about shouting good morning at everyone, but yes of course if I pass someone in the corridor or catch someone's eye I always say good morning, surely that's only polite. Do you just walk past and say nothing?

LindyHemming Wed 12-Apr-17 18:20:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LockedOutOfMN Wed 12-Apr-17 18:22:08

I'm definitely not a morning person and generally very grumpy but I do say good morning to everyone. In the street I don't judge non greeters but at work if someone walls by without a good morning I do think it's a bit rude.

Autumn0909 Wed 12-Apr-17 18:22:12

Haha! I'm a 'morninger' but often I catch myself cringing at myself afterwards! I often do it as I walk past people (well we walk past each other) as a way of acknowledging them without stopping for a full chat because, y'know, we're all busy.
It gets really awkward if I walk past the same person multiple times in an hour or so confused

Jeaniusly Wed 12-Apr-17 18:25:02

I would be happier if locals on my way to the train would realise I am there and say "morning" back at me. It is like the fekkin bingo, eyes down, no contact. What miserable internal lives.

GlitterGlue Wed 12-Apr-17 18:30:21

Corridor, stairs, loos etc I would. I tend not to if I'm walking through a desk part. There are some open spaces and wide walkways so I don't squeeze past anyone's desk to get through. I feel a bit daft shouting morning as I walk through.

foxyloxy78 Wed 12-Apr-17 19:07:14

Yeah agree OP, not if you're walking past desks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now