Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think you don't ask women if they are pregnant unless you are sure?

(11 Posts)
quietcountrylanes Wed 12-Apr-17 16:43:34

Today at work:

"I know you're right bonny ('bonny' means 'fat' here) but are you pregnant?'

hmm

Floggingmolly Wed 12-Apr-17 16:46:23

If they were sure they'd have no need to ask...

Floggingmolly Wed 12-Apr-17 16:47:05

But yes, that sounded rude.

TreeTop7 Wed 12-Apr-17 16:47:11

This happened to a colleague of mine. I was there. It was a visitor who said it. I was so embarrassed for her. She was offended but also a bit flattered (she's 53!).

TreeTop7 Wed 12-Apr-17 16:47:30

This happened to a colleague of mine. I was there. It was a visitor who said it. I was so embarrassed for her. She was offended but also a bit flattered (she's 53!).

quietcountrylanes Wed 12-Apr-17 16:49:46

It was pretty embarrassing smile

ZilphasHatpin Wed 12-Apr-17 16:51:47

My mum did this!! In supermarket queue of all places! blush

Batgirlspants Wed 12-Apr-17 16:54:01

Very rude. I also hate people trying to find out before they are told. If the pregnant person wants you to know she will tell you. Otherwise shut up.

patientzero Wed 12-Apr-17 16:55:02

This has happened to me twice recently. I'm a size 12 and I'm losing weight. I am overweight but DH assures me I definitely don't look pregnant. No idea what is wrong with some people

Wells20 Wed 12-Apr-17 16:58:39

I get it also.

I have stomach and liver issues that cause me to swell badly.

But thanks for pointing out that I look 9 months pg. hmm

PutALidOnItLydia Wed 12-Apr-17 17:07:35

Not quite the same thing, but I once congratulated an interviewer on her pregnancy (that's what it said on the website - and she did look bonny/pregnant), I was mortified when she questioned what I meant. I mentioned the website, and she told me her DS was 6 months old. Never, ever again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now