Talk

Advanced search

Update on thread at w/end - being asked to dog sit without the dogs having met/passing on info

(3 Posts)
chastenedButStillSmiling Wed 12-Apr-17 12:45:25

Sorry that this is a TAAT.

Assuming it will be cut, but wanted to update anyone who seen the previous thread.

They're clearly MN-ers! blush Got a very polite text on Sunday, thanking us for agreeing to have their dog but saying their regular dog sitters had changed their plans and were now available, and then some stuff about how the dog would be much happier there as it was home-from-home.

I'm writing this now because I believe they're flying today, and hopefully won't see this update!

SilverDragonfly1 Wed 12-Apr-17 15:19:46

That's not conclusive evidence unless the text said something very telling! But if they are, it's a shame they chose to just disengage rather than take away the lesson from the thread about the appropriate way to treat people who are doing them huge favours.

chastenedButStillSmiling Wed 12-Apr-17 17:24:52

Just a shame as I was looking forward to corrupting her with lower-class doggie treats (the equiv of going to Iceland instead of Waitrose) and teaching it doggie swears... I was thinking of "ruff instead of a polite yap. grin

They were probably sensible to change their minds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now