Talk

Advanced search

To assume I did not get this job

(7 Posts)
Kikikaakaa Tue 11-Apr-17 11:56:47

Sorry I now have 2 AIBU's today grin

I went to an interview last Wednesday. It was good, I felt confident but just no idea whether I am what they are looking for. They told me I would hear Friday or Monday. I was keen for this job.

I had a missed call (I was working) about 11am yesterday from a withheld number and no voicemail.
Then another missed call at 7pm (I was cooking) with a voicemail, no number left for me to call back just saying in a flat voice 'I will call you tomorrow'.
Tomorrow is here now, no call so far.

I could attempt to track down the number and call the woman back, but I do not get good vibes from this scenario. I am assuming this is a rejection and not particularly high priority for them like an offer would be.

Call them first or wait for them to call me?

tatty1010 Tue 11-Apr-17 12:13:35

Give them a call. Explain you have missed a couple of calls and are unsure if it were them or not, you have nothing to lose. Good luck smile

Morphene Tue 11-Apr-17 12:14:30

yup - definitely just call them and ask!

Kikikaakaa Tue 11-Apr-17 13:32:29

I called, woman has gone home for the day! I left a message.

Morphene Tue 11-Apr-17 20:37:40

wow - that is seriously bad luck on the whole getting through thing

camtt Tue 11-Apr-17 20:39:22

I wouldn't call someone to say they had not got the job, only to make an offer

Kikikaakaa Tue 11-Apr-17 20:45:50

I have heard back late this evening.

Bad news in some ways, I didn't get it because she didn't think it was right for me and vice versa. She was very positive and said that i should be applying for higher positions and that she would bear me in mind if one came up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now