Talk

Advanced search

Is it OK that...

(26 Posts)
Sandsnake Tue 11-Apr-17 08:55:23

Someone has just clipped their nails on the train (with accompanying noise), filed them down, got off the train and LEFT ONE OF THE NAILS ON THE FLOOR?!

This is grim, right? Where are people's boundaries? Or am I just a bit of a train fascist?

ParmaViolets17 Tue 11-Apr-17 08:56:56

Fingernails or boak toenails?

Sandsnake Tue 11-Apr-17 08:58:44

I think they're fingernails. I bloody hope they're fingernails.

Dizzy199 Tue 11-Apr-17 09:00:52

Urrrggghhh <shudder> i found a torn off thumb nail on the bench seat in Spoons the other day - spent ages trying to sweep it off awkwardly with my bag so i didn't touch it.

Starlighter Tue 11-Apr-17 09:21:08

Yuck! That's so gross!

Creatureofthenight Tue 11-Apr-17 09:23:33

YANBU, some people are proper grim. Even if they'd cleared the cuttings, still gross to cut nails on a train.

onalongsabbatical Tue 11-Apr-17 10:56:20

If I get a broken nail on a train or in a cafe or whatever, I just discreetly tear it off and PUT IT IN MY BAG!
The idea that anyone would deliberately cut their nails and leave them is weird at best.

Ifailed Tue 11-Apr-17 10:57:50

Couldn't you have picked it up, taken it to a Witch, and have them turned into a goat or something?

honeylulu Tue 11-Apr-17 11:00:58

It's a bit slovenly, I will agree but it's only a fingernail. Do you realise other people's fingernails touch you every time someone shakes your hand? Are they really so disgusting?

honeylulu Tue 11-Apr-17 11:03:28

I should add I am a podiatrist's daughter. My mum ran her surgery from home and the odd stray toenail clipping was often seen on our dining room floor as a result. Perhaps I'm immune to it as a result. I've never got the "feet are yuk" thing.

Amockingjayhey Tue 11-Apr-17 11:45:12

I think this is maybe a bit of an overreaction

HicDraconis Tue 11-Apr-17 11:50:34

There was a chap sitting behind us in the departure lounge merrily clipping his fingernails and leaving the clippings on the floor. I thought it was beyond disgusting.

It's not ok and yes, it's grim.

kirstxx Tue 11-Apr-17 11:58:13

Don't think there is a problem with clipping/filing your nails on a train, it's the leaving bits behind that is the problem IMO

JaneJeffer Tue 11-Apr-17 12:34:54

Someone sat opposite me on the tube years ago trimming off her split ends and letting them fly everywhere confused

kathkim Tue 11-Apr-17 12:37:29

Not great, but better than BO or farting.

Fireandflames666 Tue 11-Apr-17 12:58:02

Ewww, why can't people do it at home?. It's not bloody difficult to spend ten minutes at home, lol.

Owllady Tue 11-Apr-17 13:00:45

I think I'd draw the line at toenails tbh

abcBears Tue 11-Apr-17 13:01:44

that's disgusting, what is wrong with people? It's bad enough to witness women tarting themselves up in the morning in public transport, but nail clipping? why would you even do that. Shaving your legs is a good one too. Why, just why.

dudsville Tue 11-Apr-17 13:05:58

I guess if there was "revolting" at one end and "thoroughly pleasant" at the other I'd pave this in the middle leaning left. Anything to do with management of the bodily production genes to be considered private, only people frequently sniff ane blow their noses, and personally I'd rather they groomed their nails!

joystir59 Tue 11-Apr-17 13:10:12

How about someone moisturising their bare legs thigh to ankle on the train one summer?

WhatchaMaCalllit Tue 11-Apr-17 13:16:11

Don't care if it is finger and toenails or finger or toenails - it's NEVER ok to cut them in a public place and then to top it all off to leave the remnants behind. YEUCH!!!!!

AnnieAnoniMouse Tue 11-Apr-17 13:17:17

If I break a nail while out I'll use nail clippers inside my bag on that one nail (I can't rip it off as they're very hard). But generally openly trimming them & filing them, no way, it's grim.

Make up - meh, whatever, so long as you don't get pissy with me watching the transformation 🤣

Moisturising or putting on sunscreen. I can't see the issue there at all?!

Happyhippy45 Tue 11-Apr-17 13:35:49

Cutting your nails is not a public activity.
Tough nails easily become projectiles.......potentially getting pinged in the eye by a strangers fingernail is just wrong.....doesn't matter how good a job they do of clearing up the clippings.

Goldfishjane Tue 11-Apr-17 13:36:21

Id have threatened to stuff the clippers so far up she'd never need them again.

Emmageddon Tue 11-Apr-17 13:54:56

What's so revolting about someone putting on moisturiser on the train? Ditto for putting on make-up - I don't understand the revulsion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now