Talk

Advanced search

To wonder how to deal with a snoring denier?

(13 Posts)
Balsamicpearls Tue 11-Apr-17 06:27:26

My dh has started snoring again recently (goes through periods of this with weight change, beer consumption etc). Usually I ask him to roll over and it's ok. But often early in the night, when I gently tap his atm and ask him to roll over, he denies he was snoring because he couldn't possibly have been as he wasn't even asleep! This is often after about 15-20 minutes of him snoring. I have recorded him but it has made no difference. Does anyone else's dp deny they were even asleep? He gets very cross and says I must be making it up - why would I do that?!

DoctorDonnaNoble Tue 11-Apr-17 06:35:41

Yes mine says he wasn't even asleep. Very annoying when it takes a while to get him to wake up to turn over!

muttrat Tue 11-Apr-17 06:39:34

Yes mine does. I wear earplugs. I dint think there is much they can do even if they do admit it!

barefoofdoctor Tue 11-Apr-17 06:43:51

LTB

OhtoblazeswithElvira Tue 11-Apr-17 06:44:15

Maybe give up on the "gentle tapping" and be more forceful?

Loud snoring immediately after falling asleep is quite common IME. The person might feel they literally dozed off for a second but they have been snoring like a pig for a while.

I wake up DH if the noise gets over a certain level. I am entitled to sleep and so are you OP. My "gentle tap" to DH is more of a shove to make him change position myself. He wakes up every time, I tell him "you were snoring" and he falls asleep straightaway again. No biggie.

Sunnysidegold Tue 11-Apr-17 06:45:33

I recordEd my husband on my.phone because he insisted he did not snore. Now I am.justified in elbowing him.

PragmaticWench Tue 11-Apr-17 06:48:57

I think the time to discuss it with him is not at night but during the day. He's more likely to be defensive and tired at night.

There is no reason you should be disturbed by snoring, there are many different options if people are prepared to speak with a GP. It's bloody selfish not to at least address the issue if you are disturbing someone else's sleep!

wowfudge Tue 11-Apr-17 06:49:59

DP is the same - says he wasn't even asleep. I have told him he should see the GP if his normal breathing is that loud as there's clearly something wrong.

NavyandWhite Tue 11-Apr-17 06:53:15

In the same boat. I'm in the spare room right now actually. I've started waking him up every time he wakes me up snoring as mean as it is. 23 years I've put up with it and as much as I love him it's affecting my health.

Meekonsandwich Tue 11-Apr-17 12:04:21

I just recorded dh on my phone when he denied it, and he was thoroughly embarrassed haha.

So I just push him over to his side now, he doesn't usually wake up so win win lol

Applebite Tue 11-Apr-17 12:12:11

Ditto. In fact he blames me.

I take videos and play them back to him.

user1483387154 Tue 11-Apr-17 12:13:41

My H and my Father both snore whilst they are 'still awake' And to be fair its true to a point. They can both actually tell you what has been going on around them e.g what has happened on the t.v and if I have been talking on the phone what I have said.

HecateAntaia Tue 11-Apr-17 12:16:42

film him.
he'd have to go some to watch actual footage of him snoring and deny it

i dont understand why they deny it.
do they think people are just making it up? why would anyone pretend someone was snoring when they werent?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now