Talk

Advanced search

To wear those elastic shoelaces?

(13 Posts)
Stoneagemum Mon 10-Apr-17 21:08:04

On my converse? I hate the long laces that come with them and the elastics look so easy to slip the shoes on and off.

EvonneGoolagong Mon 10-Apr-17 21:20:54

Had no idea these existed. Quick google and I like what I see. YANBU! Might get some myself smile

sparechange Mon 10-Apr-17 21:23:26

Lock laces?

You can buy them from sports sites - they are used in triathlons to save time tying your laces when you change from bike shoes to trainers

Paffle Mon 10-Apr-17 21:28:23

I use these on all my trainers. Life changer. Great also if you wear trainers to walk to meetings and have to change into "meeting shoes" quickly on arrival.

Stoneagemum Mon 10-Apr-17 21:38:13

Paffle, that's my thinking, I wear comfies to work and need a quick change.

CrohnicallyPregnant Mon 10-Apr-17 21:56:54

I just bought silicon laces- they're like individual pieces of elastic that slot into the eyelets (like a treasury tag) and across the tongue of the shoe. Bit of a faff putting them in (took me 10-15 minutes to do a pair of shoes with 5 eyelets) but it's so much easier than keep bending to sort laces out!

U2HasTheEdge Mon 10-Apr-17 21:59:04

My MIL just got some and she loves them.

SandyDays Mon 10-Apr-17 22:06:02

Do it! I bought the silicon laces, one pice goes in each set of eyelets. supper cheap and look like laces only no long dangley bits to tuck into your shoes (and then stand on) and easy to slip on and off.
Only thing I found was that the smallest of the laces were too tight and pinched my toes so I just removed them

UppityHumpty Mon 10-Apr-17 22:46:56

I wear espadrilles. No faffing with laces lol

Paffle Mon 10-Apr-17 22:47:34

I found the silicone laces popped out. But then I have very wide feet.

MiladyThesaurus Mon 10-Apr-17 22:51:20

My shoes came with elastic laces as standard (camper peu). grin

BarbaraofSeville Mon 10-Apr-17 22:54:45

I have Hickies in my Converse. They're great as I can't actually tie shoelaces properly because I taught myself a crap way to do it age 4 and I never learnt the correct way blush.

But one of my cats eats them so I can't leave them lying around. He's eaten about 20 quids worth in the 9 months he's lived here.

Stoneagemum Mon 10-Apr-17 23:23:28

I'm in one set ordered, more tbc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now