Talk

Advanced search

Am I AIBU to complain about the neighbours' party even though it's early?

(10 Posts)
nineanimals Mon 10-Apr-17 20:34:22

Neighbours teenagers are having a party in their garden. Massive thumping bass speakers and loads of screaming and shouting.

I can hear it inside my house with the windows closed.

It's only 8.30 but I still don't think this level of noise is acceptable. I'm trying to relax before bed but I can't hear myself think. It's a week night and I have work in the morning.

So at what point is it reasonable to start complaining about the noise?

SarahMused Mon 10-Apr-17 20:38:48

I would go round now and politely explain that you have work tomorrow and will need to sleep at 10:30pm and could they make sure that the noise has ended well before then. They may be sober at the moment!

gammaraystar Mon 10-Apr-17 20:44:30

It is MONDAY. What is wrong with people?

gammaraystar Mon 10-Apr-17 20:44:45

YANBU

originalbiglymavis Mon 10-Apr-17 20:46:21

It doesn't need to be silly o clock to ask them to shut up. If the house is unreasonable then you can ask them to turn it down​.

In my experience it doesn't get quieter as the night goes on.

WhereYouLeftIt Mon 10-Apr-17 21:17:15

You're not in Warwickshire are you OP? Although they're not put in the garden, they're in the basement. blush

Moanyoldcow Mon 10-Apr-17 21:20:30

I was about to say YABU and then I realised it's MONDAY! Definitely ask if they can quiet down by 10.00 as normal people need to work - where are their parents? Hopefully they'll exercise some control once it hits around 10 (which is when I generally think everything should be quiet during the week).

nineanimals Mon 10-Apr-17 21:50:59

Oh I feel for you leftit. Not good at all.

I'm in my pjs so not keen on getting dressed just to have a moan. I've messaged my friend who lives up the road who is a stronger person than me and she's going to go round there.

nineanimals Mon 10-Apr-17 21:52:20

I don't think the parents are there. I hope they're due back soon and not on holiday or anything.

Will update further once my friend has been round.

nineanimals Mon 10-Apr-17 22:16:53

Phew! They've turned it down! I can still hear it but I'm now not jumping around my lounge to the bass beat!

I think the parents are away so I may need to ring 101 if it gets too out of control later.

After all it is Monday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now