Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To feel treated like a second class citizen?

(5 Posts)
malificent7 Mon 10-Apr-17 12:44:20

As im a single mum on a low income who is renting.

Mostly the renting tbh. Ive had comments ained at me about renting such as tenants don't look after the house.
I find the inspections invasive and have ben told off for cobwebs ( very few) and im worried about calling anyone out to do repairs as i odten get charged.

I work ft in a low paid job ( trying to change this) and im just getting by.JUST.

I gave a lovely dp but our relationship is young and we are not ready to move in together.

Just gaving a moan. Id love to moan more about my rental situation but i dont want to out myself . Lets just say im a bit overwhelmed and feel trapped.

malificent7 Mon 10-Apr-17 12:45:24

Also im practically doing the house up for them as they want it returned to exactly the same state as when i moved in 6 years ago.

brexitstolemyfuture Mon 10-Apr-17 12:47:35

You're supposed to feel like scum, that's how the system is "working" at the moment.

On mn borrowing a shit load of money to speculate on houses is virtually seen as charity work as all here let it out for under the market rate grin

UppityHumpty Mon 10-Apr-17 12:59:30

Generally in my experience as a landlord tenants don't tend to look after a house as if it's their own. That's why I rent unfurnished even though it gives me less rent. After every tenant I have to spent 2-3k to re-do the house in time for the next week - repainting, in many cases replacing skirting boards because of spiders and dust caked into them, deep cleaning. I bet if it was your house you wouldn't have let the cobwebs build up!

malificent7 Mon 10-Apr-17 13:01:50

The thing is.... there are hardly any cobwebs! Anyway! I replanted the garden out of my own pocket a few years ago ( loved doing it though) Have just repainted and bought a new cooker etc. The furniture is mine.... thank god!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now