Talk

Advanced search

To ask for your help in recovering iMessages my "D"H might have deleted?

(14 Posts)
DeliaSmythe Sun 09-Apr-17 21:52:37

Hi,
My husband and I aren't getting on well - long backstory.
Anyway, I had a few text messages saved which could be useful to me from a legal point of view.
When looking for them today I see they've been deleted hmm. Could have been one of the children but seems unlikely.
Does anyone know how to recover them without restoring from back up as there are a couple from today which I'd like to keep?
Thanks.

FABpMummy Sun 09-Apr-17 22:33:58

I don't know the answer, but others may like to know whether these are on his phone or yours.

DeliaSmythe Sun 09-Apr-17 22:35:08

Thanks for responding. They were on my phone.

RitaMills Sun 09-Apr-17 22:39:22

He would've had to have backed up his phone while the messages were there, you would have to then restore from back up and all the messages would be back again. If he's backed up since they have been deleted then I don't think you can get them back.

FusionChefGeoff Sun 09-Apr-17 22:39:34

Who's your contract with and what phone? Any chance you could go into an O2 / three / Vodafone shop and ask them to help you? The guru / geek staff generally like a challenge.

RitaMills Sun 09-Apr-17 22:40:07

Sorry I completely missed the bottom bit of your post, ignore me. confused

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Sun 09-Apr-17 22:41:12

Can't you screenshot today's ones before restoring backup?

DeliaSmythe Sun 09-Apr-17 22:46:26

Thanks everybody.
I will screengrab them and restore from back up. I was worried I might lose any new photos if I backed up that way.
If that doesn't work then I'll go into a phone shop.

StarryIllusion Sun 09-Apr-17 22:51:47

Attach any new photos to yourself first or upload to facebook to prevent them being lost. Screenshot any new messages in case they get lost then back up.

RhiWrites Sun 09-Apr-17 22:53:47

If you saved them as pictures could they be in iCloud?

DeliaSmythe Sun 09-Apr-17 23:12:42

Thanks Starry - I've emailed the screenshot of today's to myself.
Unfortunately I hadn't photographed the ones I'm trying to recover Rhi - good thinking though.

dailystuck71 Sun 09-Apr-17 23:14:46

Save all your photos to google photos. Then restore from back up. On an iPhone you can chose a date to restore from.

Or check your messages aren't listed on your mobile phone bill.

Astro55 Sun 09-Apr-17 23:19:00

Set up an email account - screen shot and send them to the new email address - kept safe

StarryIllusion Mon 10-Apr-17 22:58:35

Well I'm glad you worked out what my gibberish was trying to say grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now