Talk

Advanced search

To feels the 80's & 90's lied to me

(10 Posts)
FairytalesAreBullshit Sun 09-Apr-17 21:07:24

I was listening to Magic 80's, all the lovey songs, you'll live happily ever after, there's a man who worships the ground you walk on. In my early twenties I'm thinking of Whitney & her Bodyguard classic, that chart crusher by Bryan Adams.

Not only do we seldom get songs that are truly amazing anymore. The music industry lied to me grin I'm meant to be worshipped like a Princess. biscuit I know, I know!

What was your iconic song from your youth, that shaped how you see the world?

AllTheWittyNamesAreGone Sun 09-Apr-17 21:09:25

B*witched c'est la vie

KenDoddsDadsDog Sun 09-Apr-17 21:10:14

Step On , Happy Mondays .

Grumpbum Sun 09-Apr-17 21:10:34

S club 7 reach for the stars

OdinsLoveChild Sun 09-Apr-17 21:16:37

Pulp Common People.

Genuinely if I called my Dad he would fix it all. I realised then that perhaps I did live a bit of a privileged life and that some of my friends didn't. It was enlightening for me.

FairytalesAreBullshit Sun 09-Apr-17 21:17:26

Odins there's nothing wrong with that, it must be amazing.

NapQueen Sun 09-Apr-17 21:18:50

Spice Girls - Wannabe.

Too true. If you are a good person to be in my life, my friends will love you too. And they probably actually prefer dh to me grin

BartholinsSister Sun 09-Apr-17 21:20:58

Do you mean the Whitney song that was a cover version of Dolly Parton's sublime 1974 classic hit?

isthistoonosy Sun 09-Apr-17 21:21:51

I get knocked down I get up again

PurpleNurple69 Sun 09-Apr-17 21:24:13

Turn a Different Corner by George Michael - I've always been a believer in fate. And Phil Collins' One More Night. I listened to this all bloody night when I got stood up by my crush. Devastated back then - now thinking "bastard" grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now