Talk

Advanced search

to have 'Dog Days are Over' as going down the aisle song?

(32 Posts)
pandarific Sun 09-Apr-17 16:43:39

This one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOyfLBYtuU

I know, I know, some of the lyrics are ambiguous, but I feel that the song has such a happy feel to it that it cancels it out.

Would you judge/snicker/WTF? I adore the song and think it's perfect for us and that lots of people won't even register it, but I would rather not look stupid! So what do you think?

patronsaintofglocks Sun 09-Apr-17 16:46:25

Lovely song. Hope you enjoy your big day!

Gallavich Sun 09-Apr-17 16:48:32

The lyrics aren't great hmm

countingpigs Sun 09-Apr-17 16:49:48

Love this idea so much!! Amazing choice and such a feel good song. Hope your day goes fabulously smile

dailymailarecunts Sun 09-Apr-17 16:56:06

Ours self as there can't be many - but my sister in law had zippedy do dah as she walked down the aisle. My brother said he didn't care about any of the details so long as they ended up getting married and she could have zippedy do dah for all he cared..... so they did! Made everyone smile! You are surrounded by people who know and love you guys, if you can't choose a song you love then then when can you I guess?!

Meekonsandwich Sun 09-Apr-17 17:40:25

You do what makes you happy, could you maybe do an instrumental version??

Goldfishjane Sun 09-Apr-17 17:41:57

I love it but I link it up with being single!

it is a lovely song. I would be slightly concerned that you were saying "dog days are over" as in "life without you was a bit pants" but maybe you do want to say that.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Sun 09-Apr-17 17:42:39

It's your day. .
My exh wanted our first dance to be the Hokey Cokey with all the dc so that's what we did!!

ElspethFlashman Sun 09-Apr-17 17:46:29

I'd go with instrumental. You want your guests to be gazing at you rather than frowning trying to make out if they really just heard "she sank with a drink" grin

pandarific Sun 09-Apr-17 18:07:42

Well at least only one person out of all of you would be hmm about it.

Feck it, I may do it then. Good idea about the instrumental, but it's somehow not as crazy-happy!

ElspethFlashman Sun 09-Apr-17 18:09:36

Yes but you can also have it as your first dance!

Yukbuck Sun 09-Apr-17 18:11:29

Go for it and have a wonderful day 😊 everyone will be focused on you to be bothered about the music

TheCraicDealer Sun 09-Apr-17 18:19:22

We're having 'Disco 2000' played by a string quartet (guess what my name is) which isn't very romantic and is pretty self indulgent, but hopefully it'll get a laugh. If you like it, go for it- people will be too busy clapping, crying or taking photos to listen to the words.

LoveMyLittleSuperhero Sun 09-Apr-17 18:24:14

YANBU, your wedding, your money, your choice. It wouldn't cross my mind to judge because of the music you chose! saying that my aunt got married in black and me and dp want a rock song to go down the isle to

TheNewSchmoo Sun 09-Apr-17 18:31:27

Have what the hell you want and enjoy every minute of it. It's YOUR day

DoveBlue Sun 09-Apr-17 18:32:12

I thought it was 'the dark days are over' only ever heard the song on the radio blush must get my hearing checked i like the song. Go with what you want it's your day and your memories so have what you want.

titianlove Sun 09-Apr-17 18:36:33

craic or deborah....that's amazing!!!

OvariesForgotHerPassword Sun 09-Apr-17 18:38:37

Go for it! I walked down the aisle to a song from How To Train Your Dragon and our first dance was I Would Walk 500 Miles from Sunshine on Leith grin

ProfAnnieT Sun 09-Apr-17 18:41:10

On a practical note, how long is your aisle? Dog Days is quite fast paced so you might be up to the end of it before you're out of the intro.

littleshoutymouse Sun 09-Apr-17 18:50:13

We walked out of the church to this song! Go for it smile

HonorBright Sun 09-Apr-17 18:59:42

Would you have it as the processional or the recessional?

It's certainly better than Kiss with a Fist...but my choice from that album would be Cosmic Love. Not my wedding, however, so crack on!

pandarific Sun 09-Apr-17 19:49:32

Processional. I have it all timed out, and I am going to step out to walk down just at the bit where the 'run fast' bit starts with the drums. It's not a very long aisle so should be fine.

MMM3 Sun 09-Apr-17 19:52:39

It's super weird, however, super weird weddings are usually the best.

Go for it.

SomewhereInbetween1 Sun 09-Apr-17 20:13:24

Do it! We're having you sexy thing by Hot Chocolate! 😀

kimnews Sun 09-Apr-17 20:16:45

We had it for our recessional

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now