Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to ask what colours go with Natural wicker walls

(10 Posts)
boopsy Sun 09-Apr-17 13:34:43

Have painted walls with wilko natural twine which is basically identical to the better known natural wicker. If anyone has this or similar on their walls what colour cushions/accessories do you have? Its pretty neutral similar to dreaded magnolia but with less yellow tones, more of a pink undertone. Thanks for reading.

StarryIllusion Sun 09-Apr-17 13:41:34

Latte or soft brown colours are nice.

Birdsgottaf1y Sun 09-Apr-17 13:49:40

A friend of my went with red cushions etc, but she loves red.

A family member went with teal and then changed to a purple, but she likes colour.

You can stay muted or go bright.

DameDeDoubtance Sun 09-Apr-17 14:52:19

I would use muted creams and browns then a splash of green, a bright zingy one.

boopsy Sun 09-Apr-17 21:48:02

I was thinking green, want a bit of colour as have loads of cream already X

DameDeDoubtance Mon 10-Apr-17 20:29:44

Green looks good as does hot pink if you like it.

Which room have you painted? You could have a large basket with some throws in to add a pop of colour, cushions, paintings etc.

GreenHariboBear Mon 10-Apr-17 22:18:33

We have natural wicker in some of our rooms and the lounge. We have a combination of cream and oranges in the lounge, beech and greens in one of the rooms and cream and blue/teal on the other one. It's quite a nice canvas, I find that oranges/yellows/greens/chocolate browns go well with it smile

Rainydayspending Mon 10-Apr-17 22:29:39

I was picturing an impressively low carbon eco home there. I guess it's whether you want neutrals all through. Or if you want to use an accent for continuity.

HarryPottersMagicWand Mon 10-Apr-17 22:34:23

We have natural wicker. Other colour is red. Red cushions, some red and cream and a feature wall (I don't care, I like them) that is a similar back ground colour with red flowers with gold stems. Sounds gaudy but it isn't. Love it. Sofa is a beige/light brown colour.

boopsy Tue 11-Apr-17 08:15:19

Thanks guys, lots of ideas! Went for that colour as i thought it was neutral and would go with anything but find it doesnt haha x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now