Talk

Advanced search

to expect to be notified?

(9 Posts)
So2007 Sun 09-Apr-17 00:35:12

I'm doing an internship in a company. It is ending next month. The manager asked me for my new schedule and to send my updated CV. He told me he will check with her boss if there's budget for my extension.

He has not said anything since.

The other staff asked me the other day when my internship is ending because she needs me for a project. When I told her the date, she said good, we still have time.

Do I assume it is not extended because I didn't hear from the manager? Is it "understood" already? I was hoping to be notified about the result.

So2007 Sun 09-Apr-17 00:35:45

*his boss

ScarlettFreestone Sun 09-Apr-17 00:44:56

Ask.

Don't assume anything.

But if they still haven't decided start applying for other jobs, don't leave it assuming you'll be hired.

chastenedButStillSmiling Sun 09-Apr-17 01:13:52

it isn't rude to ask.

ajandjjmum Sun 09-Apr-17 01:25:52

I think it's more professional to ask - you need to plan ahead. Just refer back to the conversation you had, and ask if any decisions have been made, or if they would like any further information.

LemonSqueezy0 Sun 09-Apr-17 09:51:26

Be proactive - ask!

araiwa Sun 09-Apr-17 09:56:33

jesus! ask!!

So2007 Sun 09-Apr-17 11:06:12

I really love this internship. I guess I am delaying because I'm afraid to hear that it's really ending.

Also, I really expected to be notified.

ScarlettFreestone Sun 09-Apr-17 15:44:14

I'm sure they will notify you but funding decisions aren't always straightforward or made quickly.

You'd be foolish to risk unemployment.

It's also more impressive to a potential employer that someone else wants you.

Your position would be stronger if you could say "I've been offered £xk by ABC Ltd but I'd prefer to stay here - are you in a position to make a counter offer"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now