Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to think Hopkins is too right wing and alt-right for even the Daily Mail given her views on the gas attack

(34 Posts)
Orlantina Sat 08-Apr-17 20:18:25

Her recent tweets have been full on conspiracy theory. She's convinced that the gas attack was a conspiracy not done by Assad. She's tweeting about the White Helmets and using #Syriahoax. She's surprised Trump has fallen for it and has reacted the way it has.

Full on alt-right. It's her view - I'm just surprised that the Daily Mail wants to be associated with someone who has such an extreme view on this. I know she holds many controversial views and they still employ her - but this is full on alt-right conspiracy view.

Cocklodger Sat 08-Apr-17 20:20:41

I think even the DM know she's never talking out of her correct orifice.
YANBU though

Wolfiefan Sat 08-Apr-17 20:23:52

You're talking about her and the Fail. That's what they want.

Obsidian77 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:24:36

That's a problem for their Daily Mail and their editors/backers. Perhaps there's a large segment of their readership who love that shit or more likely they get a ton of advertising revenue from clickthroughs on her online articles. Or something.

mumofone1234 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:30:22

I hated her on The Apprentice and really can't believe she has gone on to carve out a career off the back of it. She was vile then, and obviously got positive attention off it for some reason. She had an affair with a married man straight after it, didn't she?

squoosh Sat 08-Apr-17 20:30:34

I see what you're saying OP and I wonder if the DM will have an opinion on her take on this. Anyone who believes this #syriahoax bullshit is real down the rabbit hole of fuckwittery territory. Generally neo nazis too.

Sounds like she'd be better suited writing for Breitbart.

mumofone1234 Sat 08-Apr-17 20:32:09

The more repugnant she is, the more £££s she gets. I wonder what her RL friends are like shock. I wonder if her kids get bullied. We live in a weird world.

squoosh Sat 08-Apr-17 20:36:43

I think there's a limit to that though. I bet she regrets that Jack Monroe tweet which will end up costing her a year's salary or thereabouts. But then again maybe she thinks the far right is on the rise and she's trying to position herself in there.

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 08-Apr-17 20:41:04

To be fair, plenty of people have made careers out of being as thick as shit.

It's nothing new.

Orlantina Sat 08-Apr-17 20:44:19

I see what you're saying OP and I wonder if the DM will have an opinion on her take on this

I was surprised she expressed this opinion given she writes for the Daily Mail. It is a very right wing alt-right viewpoint. Not one normally associated with the Daily Mail.

PrincessJasmin Sat 08-Apr-17 20:46:54

Right wing/alt right my arse. She's a professional troll, that's all. I refuse to believe she genuinely holds half of the beliefs she says she does.

squoosh Sat 08-Apr-17 20:52:27

But does it matter if she holds these views or just pretends to hold them? The end result is the same.

PrincessJasmin Sat 08-Apr-17 20:54:21

If people stopped reacting and talking about her she would soon disappear.

Orlantina Sat 08-Apr-17 20:54:33

I've always wondered if she'll become too toxic for the Daily Mail or LBC?

This could be the turning point?

Orlantina Sat 08-Apr-17 20:56:00

If people stopped reacting and talking about her she would soon disappear

She'll still carry on - but one day, she'll just become too toxic to get paid by the likes of the Daily Mail or LBC.

I am sure Breitbart would employ her.

FerdinandsRevenge Sat 08-Apr-17 21:03:17

If people stopped reacting and talking about her she would soon disappear

Yes, as would this thread if people didn't comment on it, so why have you commented on it? You're moving it through active convos just as anyone else who say the exact same thing. You're also commenting on Katie Hopkins and generally chatting about her in exactly the same way the op has.confused

I don't know op, I think really she's so far gone she can do as she likes and they love it. Like a female clarkson

PrincessJasmin Sat 08-Apr-17 21:04:30

I just don't understand why people care so much about her or her opinions or why people get so frothy about her. She is literally one random troll. Her views don't matter any more than anyone else's. Who cares what she pretends to think?

PrincessJasmin Sat 08-Apr-17 21:05:57

Well aren't you clever and original. This one thread isn't going to make a difference to her overall reason for being. I'm genuinely interested in what it is about this woman that makes everyone care so much about what she has to say.

Orlantina Sat 08-Apr-17 21:06:39

She is literally one random troll

With a paid column in the Daily Mail and a radio show on LBC

Which gives her a prominent platform to air her controversial views - and her alt-right conspiracy theories. As well as giving her views credibility to some people as they are in the Daily Mail.

squoosh Sat 08-Apr-17 21:07:30

I presume people care because she has a large number of fans who are guided by her and think what she says is correct and truthful

WorraLiberty Sat 08-Apr-17 21:09:49

Princess makes a good point though and of course she had to post on the thread to make it.

A massive amount of Mumsnetters are Daily Mail readers and there's never a day that goes by, without someone linking to it.

That's fair enough and they can read whatever paper they choose, but it's a bit pointless to then complain about your newspaper of choice.

It's a bit like riding a bike every day and then complaining about riding a bike every day.

Orlantina Sat 08-Apr-17 21:11:31

That's fair enough and they can read whatever paper they choose, but it's a bit pointless to then complain about your newspaper of choice

You are missing the point.

The op is asking if her latest comments on the gas attack and saying it is a hoax is too alt-right even for the Daily Mail.

Not about Hopkins herself. But the comments she has made about the gas attack.

scatterolight Sat 08-Apr-17 21:13:17

On Friday morning BBC breakfast had the former British Ambassador to Syria on the show. He spoke at length about how there was no proof the gas attack was Assad, further how it was unlikely as there was no benefit to him. He also implied that dodgy intelligence agencies maybe involved as they were in the Iraq war.

I was quite astonished as the BBC had, until Trump's missile strike, been 100% "Assad did it".

Anyway my point is that there seem to be reasonable of note and insight who are sceptical of the official line on this. It is not a hard right viewpoint

WorraLiberty Sat 08-Apr-17 21:14:22

Well the Daily Mail is only as alt-right as its readers really otherwise they'd give up reading it.

So would you say it's too alt-right for you personally OP?

If so, I'm sure there will be other DM readers who agree, but perhaps just as many who don't.

Orlantina Sat 08-Apr-17 21:17:47

So would you say it's too alt-right for you personally OP

FYI - I didn't read the DM. I did read her tweets as I was interested to see the reaction she had to this. Her feed was full of the conspiracy theories, all about the White Helmets and shock and anger at Trump.

I'm surprised that a person who is into all this alt-right conspiracy is considered suitable as a DM columnist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now