Talk

Advanced search

Birthdays - who organizes?

(11 Posts)
allegretto Sat 08-Apr-17 19:13:07

Feeling pretty pissed off. Tomorrow is my birthday. DH suggested going out for a meal tonight. I agreed but said I wanted him to organize it - I always have to organize everything and as it was a treat thought he should do it. Roll on tonight. I have nothing in for tea except for the kids. DH says "What time is the babysitter coming?" angry Obviously forgot that he was meant to be doing it.

Also tonight, went to pick up DD from a friend and stayed half an hour to chat with the other mums. Got back to DH really cross as he wanted to go out and it was too late now - basically he had decided that he needed to get me a present in the half hour before the shops closed and now he can't. So obviously my fault that he hasn't got me anything and he couldn't have possibly thought of it before today. angryangryangry

Sorry, just ranting, don't expect answers but I am pissed off that this (or similar) happens every year for my birthday when everyone else manages a celebration (obviously because I organized it!)

Gizlotsmum Sat 08-Apr-17 19:17:49

That sucks. Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

TheScottishPlay Sat 08-Apr-17 19:19:48

Just remember all of this when it's his birthday. It's the only way!

Smeaton Sat 08-Apr-17 19:22:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Smeaton Sat 08-Apr-17 19:24:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

allegretto Sat 08-Apr-17 19:28:16

Thanks Gizlots! Oh you are completely right Smeaton - in fact I am regretting my whiny post already! The thing is he doesn't care about birthdays. Only I do. I should get over it really but I get sucked in every year! I wouldn't mind if he hadn't bloody suggested the meal out - it was better not having expectations!

MrsDustyBusty Sat 08-Apr-17 19:29:55

I now always hope my husband forgets my birthday. You should see my new ring!

Astro55 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:31:09

He's being crap - I've returned the favour to DH and it only happened once!

WineIsMyMainVice Sat 08-Apr-17 19:36:53

Oh you poor thing! Your DH has been quite rubbish really!

Happy birthday for tomorrow!

PlaymobilPirate Sat 08-Apr-17 19:41:24

He's being shit - dp does this and it's the only thing we argue about... he doesn't care about birthdays etc and wouldn't mind if his went unmarked. I love them and would like to feel special and important to him and ds for 2 days a year (birthday and mothers day)

Helen always fucks up - it's hurtful and disrespectful.

I hope you can have a nice birthday, it's shit when they make no effort. 😣

Mari50 Sat 08-Apr-17 19:47:52

This was one of the issues with my ex. Constantly moaned we never went anywhere but whenever I said 'well organise a babysitter and we can go out', he never bothered.
And my birthdays were rarely marked but he'd take a massive huff if his birthdays were anything less than an annual spectacular.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: