Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed at myself for not being 'sunny weather ready'

(36 Posts)
VioletLips Sat 08-Apr-17 13:02:06

I've spent almost an hour going through last years Summer clothes.

Gah!

My legs are appalling. Dry, need shaving, no body cream to make them look half decent.

3/4 length jeans will have to go RIGHT the way to the back of the wardrobe until I can sort this!

Ffs, I knew it was going to be warm but I just can't be arsed to bare any flesh at all.

I know IABU but please tell me I'm not the only one who has done this today!

KingJoffreysRestingCuntface Sat 08-Apr-17 13:03:23

Shave your legs, slap some coconut oil on them and get your legs out in the sun.

Chop chop!
<claps hands to chivvy OP>

GloriaGilbert Sat 08-Apr-17 13:04:42

How long can it take to shave your legs and get some cream on?

YABU, get to it.

lilydaisyrose Sat 08-Apr-17 13:06:15

Yes I'm with you!

I have a 3 month old and am still carrying a massive spare baby weight tyre so all my last summers clothes (just before I went into maternity clothes) look totally crap and don't fit. I have no money and need to spend at least £100 on cheap supermarket clothes to see me through but can't! So I'm either going to have to boil in jumpers and dark colours or wear stuff that doesn't fit round my massive tummy!?!

VioletLips Sat 08-Apr-17 13:10:08

I'm glad you're with me, lily.

I have no coconut oil or cream.

Should I shave with conditioner I wonder?

Looks like a clothes bomb has gone off in my bedroom & dp is going to come looking for me in a minute wondering wtf I'm up to.

Quickly made ds a white bread, shite ham sandwich and came back up while dp was in the garden. Sorry ds.

I'll go & sort my legs out see how I feel.

harderandharder2breathe Sat 08-Apr-17 13:11:23

Who cares what your legs look like? Just wear what you want.

Destinysdaughter Sat 08-Apr-17 13:12:26

C'mon, it's April in the UK, no one could have predicted this! And don't worry, by Easter it will probably be cold and wet...grin

VioletLips Sat 08-Apr-17 13:18:17

It's caught me by surprise that's for sure.

Think I'll just pretend it's chilly (which it probably is) in the shade and cover up. Sod it. I haven't got time for this malarkey.

Right, best tidy up before I'm rumbled grin

VioletLips Sat 08-Apr-17 13:19:29

Harder, they aren't just in need of a shave, they're dry & almost snake like. I wouldn't want to scare animals and young children.

BusterGonad Sat 08-Apr-17 13:20:39

I'm just amazed that you don't own any body cream at all!!! Crikey I hoard it like it's going out of fashion! grin

BusterGonad Sat 08-Apr-17 13:21:33

Stuck hand cream on them? A bit of olive oil?

AnathemaPulsifer Sat 08-Apr-17 13:23:47

Wash, scrub, shave and olive oil.

CaoNiMartacus Sat 08-Apr-17 13:28:48

You could try making a scrub with household stuff like sugar and honey maybe?

Topuptheglass Sat 08-Apr-17 13:29:20

Baby oil?

IfYouGoDownToTheWoodsToday Sat 08-Apr-17 13:29:24

I never use shaving cream. Just get some shower gel, wet legs, rub on gel and shave. It's great.

VioletLips Sat 08-Apr-17 13:30:14

Buster, I normally have a pot of Body Shop stuff knocking about but I didn't stock up at Christmas. I'm bad for moisturising my legs, have it for my face but I'm not using that on my pins.

Olive oil, great idea.

Redlocks28 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:36:20

They are dry and need a shave-won't that take about five minutes to rectify, if that?! Face cream? Olive oil?

topcat2014 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:37:46

Now, I have horrific eczema (weekly drugs, consultant, etc) - which is improved by sunlight, but of course I look shocking.

Granted, being male, expectations are set a bit lower - but it doesn't help with my confidence all the same.

Good luck op,

Fluffyears Sat 08-Apr-17 13:41:55

Use oil to shave with and they'll be really soft.

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 08-Apr-17 13:43:04

Oil and sugar is a good exfoliant. Conditioner will do for shaving. Good luck

DoNotBlameMeIVotedRemain Sat 08-Apr-17 13:50:01

Conditioner to shave legs works as does olive oil on slightly damp legs. But I'm at park and everyone in jeans and short sleeved top smile

Friday999 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:50:30

I owe my life to Dove Holiday Skin gradual tanner

Rubyslippers7780 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:51:16

If it makes you feel better it is to snow next week.

Do you have any baby oil? That's fab to shave with!

user1467976192 Sat 08-Apr-17 13:56:20

Buster I am right there with you.... my dp says I could sell stuff back to boots

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now