Talk

Advanced search

a car parking one !!!!!!!!!

(19 Posts)
ravenbird2017 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:00:53

I'm feeling furious at the staggering entitlement and rudeness of some people and need to vent and rant really.

I moved into a complex last year that has a lot of snooty hooray henry types, manage to stay out of their way and generally all fine. But over the last few months someone has repeatedly parked in my car parking space - despite the fact that I have left several notes on their car asking them not to and my partner on one occasion went up to them and asked them to move their car so I could park there. The last time this happened I left a rather blunt and condescending note on their car, pointing out they had been repeatedly asked and it was just a sign now of rudeness and lack of manners that they continued to park there and could they refrain from doing that. Since then, I've not had any issues.

Last night I got back home late and as I was parking my car, this person was getting out of their car (he has now decided to use the bay next to mine). He just stood there and stared at me and my partner whilst we parked and got out. As he then walked past us, he chose to say to partner "don't slam your car door. The car next to it might look old and dirty but it doesn't mean you need to slam your door" My partner then replied "I didn't touch that door" and this person says "don't slam your car door" at which point I say "don't speak to him like that, he hasn't touched that car"

He then walks back over to us and snarls at me " you didn't even see whether he did or not so don't say anything" I said "yes I did, he didnt that door. You've parked repeatedly in our spot and you're angry that we've called you out on it and now you're looking to start a fight" at which point his son who'd got out of the car and had been waiting for him - must be about 15 or so - says "dad leave these idiots alone" hmm

As we get the keys to go into our house, this man retorts "the previous owners who lived in your house were really charming" My partner said "you should have learnt something from them then" and we went in.

But I'm fuming at the sheer entitlement and rudeness of him and his offspring! AIBU to wish a plague of locusts onto his house?! angry

Ifailed Sat 08-Apr-17 07:07:22

I don't understand the slamming door thing, the only vehicle that could be possibly damaged would be the slammee?

ravenbird2017 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:10:47

Exactly! He was just looking to cause a fight over a non-issue. He just wanted to say something. My partner is quite precious about his car so doesn't even slam. What a wan***. It happened late last night and I'm still furious!

wowfudge Sat 08-Apr-17 07:15:56

Just ignore him in future - he wants a rise out of you because although he was in the wrong he is a prat and quite possibly a bully. Don't engage.

blueskyinmarch Sat 08-Apr-17 07:19:01

What has slamming your own car door got to do with him? That is very different from touching his car with your door. I don't even understand his point. I rather suspect he is the idiot here.

ivykaty44 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:19:29

Don't give it a second thought, you don't have to live with either of them day to day 😉

Frouby Sat 08-Apr-17 07:21:42

I would have slammed my car door and smirked at him. Twat.

user1491630259 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:23:52

Your partner's comeback was well-delivered
The stupid bully is likely lily-livered
He gets his kicks by being a stupid twat
Just ignore him in future and that will be that

User87564758797 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:31:41

Get one of those bollard-barrier things..

DartmoorDoughnut Sat 08-Apr-17 08:27:57

I love that your partner managed to think of such a good response and deliver it! I normally think of them about 30seconds after the event, it's incredibly frustrating grin

emilybrontescorset Sat 08-Apr-17 08:37:11

The man sounds batshit.
Doesn't he have an allocated parking spot?

MrsChopper Sat 08-Apr-17 08:38:01

Just ignore in future. Although your partner's come back was indeed great!

youarenotkiddingme Sat 08-Apr-17 09:01:38

Love your partners response!

He's clearly a twat who just feels the need to have the last word. He was speaking to you like children to make himself feel better that you called him in his shit.

My favourite thing to do in these situations is when twatperson comments turn to the person you are with and ask "did you hear something!" Then decide you didn't and walk off wink

DoNotBlameMeIVotedRemain Sat 08-Apr-17 09:07:45

It's a total non event. Even the neighbours weren't that rude. Just ignore them.

IvyLeagueUnderTheSea Sat 08-Apr-17 09:07:54

I'm I to understand that in this complex everyone has their own designated parking spot? So where is this neighbours spot then?

I don't understand the comment about slamming the door.

ravenbird2017 Sat 08-Apr-17 09:08:59

Thank you for all your comments! It's made me feel a bit better. Although I'm still a bit hmm at him and his son!

Yes I think he does have his own spot so I'm not sure what is going on. Sometimes he parks his car in the visitors' bay. I think he might possibly have two cars and therefore is trying to take up two bays. The old owners may have previously allowed him to park in their bay and maybe that's why he still feels entitled to use it.

The thing that is really frustrating is the car park is never full anyway so he could really park wherever once I asked him politely the first several times not to park in my spot!

I just know though that the next time I see him he's going to look for something to say! I'm not very good with comebacks so I will probably end up telling him to eff off. I really just need to maintain the moral high ground.

Yes I think he does have a spot

NonsensicalNonsense Sat 08-Apr-17 09:33:21

You need a bollard.

8misskitty8 Sat 08-Apr-17 10:05:24

Only think to do is get a small penguin bollard !

But if he is agressive like that again then I'd call police 101.

ZilphasHatpin Sat 08-Apr-17 10:09:04

What an asshole. I would have deliberately opened my car door and slammed it again whist looking right at him. I wouldn't have said a word.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now