Talk

Advanced search

Is this my problem? Work incompetent at sorting mat leave

(4 Posts)
ForeverBubblegum Fri 07-Apr-17 19:57:58

This is possibly in the wrong place but I couldn't find an appropriate category.

I'm correctly on leave with my 5 month old DS but keeping a foot in the door at work using kit ( keep in touch) days. As shared parental leave has more of these days I arranged to change onto this part way through my leave to access the additional 20 days. This was all arranged before I left and i filled in the paperwork stating that ShPL would start 6 weeks ago.

Have just checked my P60 and it looks like I have been receiving mat pay not parental pay. The amount is the same so it makes no immediate different but technically I should not have been working the kit days during this time as I have gone​ over the allowable number on mat leave.

Part of me thinks that as I did everything I was supposed to this is not my problem but I'm a bit worried about being accused of fraud for working whilst claiming smp.

juls1888 Fri 07-Apr-17 20:01:34

I worked KIT days while on maternity leave, it's not against the law or anything. If you are getting the correct rate I wouldn't worry, it's probably just someone clicked the wrong description on your payslip when running the payroll?

ZigZagIntoTheBlue Fri 07-Apr-17 20:03:48

It's the number of kit days that makes a difference juls - you get smp but full pay for the kit days (or I did anyway). Op it isn't your fault but as you've noticed I think an Email to hr or payroll to point it out would save grief later. Good luck!

ForeverBubblegum Fri 07-Apr-17 20:27:37

Thanks for the reply zigzag, unfortunately it's a small business so no payroll or HR. I think your right I will have to say something but I'm not sure my boss will even understand the problem let alone do anything about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now