Talk

Advanced search

AIBU? To want to know what you bought the last time you treated yourself?

(143 Posts)
Babyblues14 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:29:38

And when it was?
Have just bought myself a new phone (s7). I havent had a new phone in years and only purchased this one as I dropped mine in the bath and it makes its own mind up about when it will work.
I hardly ever buy anything for myself. Is everyone like this??
Before the phone I got some expensive makeup almost a year ago smile

HorraceTheOtter Fri 07-Apr-17 19:32:40

Really lovely expensive (for me) bra. Before children in had lots of beautiful underwear, now ito ugly and functional. I'm building it back up again bit by bit.

Oysterbabe Fri 07-Apr-17 19:33:54

I spent about £300 on some new clothes a couple of weeks ago. I'd been making do with tatty horrible clothes while I lose the baby weight. My body has apparently become quite attached to the baby weight and wearing horrible clothes all the time was making me feel even worse about it. So I bought some new clothes and feel a bit better, even if the number on the label makes me want to cry.

Huldra Fri 07-Apr-17 19:37:17

Thursday, a Thermarest NeoAair XTherm

Babyblues14 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:39:27

Im a love lusting after agent provocateur underwear. Currently pregnant so it will be a long time until I can fit in any. And a year to save for it.
And I'm looking forward to the clothes shopping after baby comes grin

Chottie Fri 07-Apr-17 19:39:40

A new Marc Jacobs lipstick smile

Babyblues14 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:39:54

*a lover

chipsandpeas Fri 07-Apr-17 19:41:10

im treeating myself tonight after a shitty week at work, my treat a bottle of smirnoff grin

EElisavetaOfBelsornia Fri 07-Apr-17 19:41:15

You treated yourself to a lover shock

I was just coming on to say I got a slow cooker after my last payday grin

Hadalifeonce Fri 07-Apr-17 19:41:39

A Dining Table

Pettywoman Fri 07-Apr-17 19:41:53

A top from Anthropologie.

TooStressyForMyOwnGood Fri 07-Apr-17 19:42:40

I bought a new every day bag. My old one is close to breaking but probably could have been fixed but I loved this one. It arrived today and I really like it. Haven't yet taken it out of the packaging though...

HecateAntaia Fri 07-Apr-17 19:45:29

some gorgeous fabrics and threads for some new embroidery pieces i want to do.

Kelsoooo Fri 07-Apr-17 19:46:10

All the time. This month, a tattoo, new MAC make-up and some face acid stuff. And makeup brushes.

rosie39forever Fri 07-Apr-17 19:46:43

A summer berry trifle from Sainsbury's which I may eat all to myself😬

Babyblues14 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:47:59

No no Belsornia, I didn't treat myself to a lovergrin
I was fixing my terrible typing

PavlovianLunge Fri 07-Apr-17 19:50:03

A pair of red shoes, a bargain on Amazon, and they look great. First time on, did up the laces and one went straight through the material. angry I've been refunded, but am sad about the shoes. (Other than trainers, red shoes for men seem to be a bit thin on the ground.)

RebelandaStunner Fri 07-Apr-17 19:53:40

Some plants for the garden.
I have to keep going to the window and looking at them.
Some new gel pens for my colouring books.
< rock and roll grin >

PurpleWithRed Fri 07-Apr-17 19:54:24

A new (plastic) trug costing £4.99 at the garden centre which I've needed for ages and will make a huge difference at the allotment and bring me much joy. And because I was at the garden centre some plants crept in too.

Today I bought a new bag.
Yesterday I ordered a different new bag.
I ordered skin care products last week and got makeup the week before.
I'm a spend-a-holic and I can't help it. Even buying chocolate or similar makes me smile grin

toffeeboffin Fri 07-Apr-17 19:56:20

Elvive Clay shampoo.

Asmoto Fri 07-Apr-17 19:56:30

I bought about £50 worth of CDs from Amazon a couple of weeks ago.

Wando1986 Fri 07-Apr-17 19:56:45

A new autumn/spring coat a few days ago. It's a smart Berghaus (looks expensive too, not for hiking) and was reduced from £180 to £100 at Go Outdoors. I've worked an extra 12hrs to pay for it so far but I really can't justify it even then. I was just fed up of feeling like I was going to look like a tramp in my old battered jacket when Baby comes along in a few weeks (he'll be in some lovely clothes we've been given and we'd look like we've kidnapped him in our current gear)

iamapixiebutnotaniceone Fri 07-Apr-17 19:59:03

Pavlovian- Irregular Choice have some VERY nice red shoes!

OSETmum Fri 07-Apr-17 19:59:14

I got some Vans shoes and a Superdry coat from Cheshire Oaks yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now