Talk

Advanced search

35 weeks pregnant and too tired to go out!

(19 Posts)
beansbananas Fri 07-Apr-17 18:05:54

DH wants to go and have a few drinks in the sunshine with me. I'm feeling so tired after working all week, and struggling with feeling bigger, uncomfortable and generally fed up of being pregnant, so don't really want to! It's our first baby and we're really excited about the imminent arrival, but he clearly wants us to enjoy our last days of freedom! When I'm not pregnant, I'd be the first to suggest a glass of wine in the sunshine and I really miss being able to stay awake past 10pm... but I guess things have changed!!! So my question is... should I feel guilty about saying no? And if he goes out with friends instead, am I unreasonable to feel a bit sad about being left at home? Think my hormones might be making me a bit crazy and over emotional, but would like a second opinion!

Polarbearflavour Fri 07-Apr-17 18:07:00

Don't go then - you have a good excuse not to smile Why feel bad!?

grobagsforever Fri 07-Apr-17 18:09:19

Yes you'd be unreasonable to be sad at being left at home.

fruityb Fri 07-Apr-17 18:10:19

Enjoy the peace and quiet and go to bed dead early!! I did when I was that far on, it was awesome!

SquatBetty Fri 07-Apr-17 18:10:34

Not in the slightest - I'm 32 weeks pregnant and I'd like to stay in bed permanently until baby is due!

What about you and DH having a drink in your garden instead?

Blueskyrain Fri 07-Apr-17 18:10:48

Don't go, but I wouldn't ask him to stay in, that's unfair. Have a rest and catch up on bad TV or sleep

Crunchymum Fri 07-Apr-17 18:12:09

Sunshine will be gone soon and it's started to feel a bit nippy.

Suggest an Al Fresco lunch tomorrow or Sunday, he can have a few drinks, you can eat and you both get to enjoy some sunshine but you'll be more refreshed.

gluteustothemaximus Fri 07-Apr-17 18:15:39

At 35 weeks you must be exhausted. And I would feel sad at being left at home. Can't help how you feel. DH wouldn't have gone out though. He would have found something nice to do indoors, nice meal, movie etc.

You might feel better on weekend to go out. Good luck with last few weeks. Not long now! x

beansbananas Fri 07-Apr-17 18:19:18

Yep just as I thought... I'm being unreasonable! He is now having drinks with his friends and I am going to have an early night, and try to stop feeling like I'm missing out!

gluteustothemaximus Fri 07-Apr-17 18:29:19

I don't think you're being unreasonable. Hope you get nice early night though 😴

miserableandinpain Sat 08-Apr-17 18:20:47

Cn you have an early night tonight and do drinks tomorrow instead?

miserableandinpain Sat 08-Apr-17 18:21:15

Sorry just realised when you posted. Hope you are feeling better x

beansbananas Sat 08-Apr-17 20:23:52

Thanks... yes feeling better today! This last stage of pregnancy is just so exhausting, it's hard not to miss feeling like your old self and experiencing your old social life!

Jemimapiddleduck Sat 08-Apr-17 20:25:30

35 weeks here too. Very much over it.

I look absolutely terrible everyone asked if I was sick yesterday.

Anyhow hope you are hangin in there too!

TestingTestingWonTooFree Sat 08-Apr-17 20:27:38

Stay home and watch telly while he goes out.

newmumwithquestions Sat 08-Apr-17 20:28:52

Sounds like you have a touch of missing-outsasitus. Get yourself comfy and enjoy your night in.

miserableandinpain Sat 08-Apr-17 20:52:48

I know the feeling 39 weeks tomorrow with dc3. 2 toddlers at home. I have just got over a cold but its turned into a sinus infection. I feel your pain

Wando1986 Sat 08-Apr-17 21:08:25

33 weeks and laying a laminate floor tomorrow and refitting my own bathroom the week after. I'd like to have time to complain about feeling tired sad

Melaniaspilatesinstructor Sat 08-Apr-17 21:32:45

I was basically in bed for my whole pregnancy- don't beat yourself up about it. Enjoy the rest- YOU'RE GROWING A HUMAN BEING!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now