Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The wording of this really pissed me off. Police letter regarding flasher

(105 Posts)
BlackMirror Fri 07-Apr-17 09:39:36

It just seems to make it into a bit of a joke and really annoyed me. He could go on to rape, who knows? Aibu

QuentinSummers Fri 07-Apr-17 09:42:07

Yabu. Sounds like he was enjoying an al fresco wank rather than deliberately flashing so I think that means he is low risk of attacking someone. I think the letter is very tongue in cheek

NotStoppedAllDay Fri 07-Apr-17 09:43:18

God, they can't do right for doing wrong can they?hmm

whattodowiththepoo Fri 07-Apr-17 09:43:58

So your problem is he could go on to do something so serious the tone of the alert would be inappropriate?
If so YABU

BlackMirror Fri 07-Apr-17 09:44:29

It just seems to make light of someone wanking in public. Of course he wanted to be seen.

I was masturbated in front of when 13 on my way to school and had to walk right past him. It was horrible. It's not funny tbh

PlayOnWurtz Fri 07-Apr-17 09:44:42

I'm more offended by the spelling and grammar than by the content

ZilphasHatpin Fri 07-Apr-17 09:45:42

YANBU Op.

ptumbi Fri 07-Apr-17 09:46:01

OMG. They will 'wonder' around? I wonder if they mean they will 'wander' around?
I'm so glad it seems to be a 'one-of' incident. One of what? One of a one-off incident?

Sorry, the grammar shocked me just as much as a tosser with his trousers round his ankles, enjoying the sunshine.

JonSnowsWhore Fri 07-Apr-17 09:46:58

I knew it would be this before I opened it. Ooh are we neighbours grin

Minniemagoo Fri 07-Apr-17 09:47:08

Have to agree YABU. Causing hysteria over a possible rapist would serve no purpose. They have highlighted that the behaviour is unacceptable and they are stepping up presence in the area.

LadyHenriettaSlavingtonWold Fri 07-Apr-17 09:47:09

" wonder around the park" hmm

MrsKCastle Fri 07-Apr-17 09:47:59

I'm with you, BlackMirror. It's not funny. The tone of the letter is almost like 'this has been reported and we have to be seen to act, but no one could possibly really mind this harmless bloke'.

SignoraStronza Fri 07-Apr-17 09:48:41

It just seems rather pompous. Why can't they keep it factual. 'Man has been spotted masturbating in public in the park', rather than all this flowery prose. Makes this type if offence sound like a jolly English pastime, akin to having a cup of tea.
No need to beat around the bush.hmm

BarbaraofSeville Fri 07-Apr-17 09:49:55

It seems very badly written, but that's not unusual these days. I would have thought that, even on Facebook, wording and 'style' would have to be approved as appropriate and surely no-one thinks that's professional?

I suppose if there haven't been any reported assaults in the area, they may not think there is currently a serious problem, but yes, 'low level' inappropriate sexual behaviour like this does often lead to more serious crimes.

pieceofpurplesky Fri 07-Apr-17 09:50:40

Is it genuine? The spelling seems rather peculiar for something official (they have a press officer)

MrsKCastle Fri 07-Apr-17 09:50:44

They have highlighted that the behaviour is unacceptable

I don't think they have. I think the letter suggests it's a humorous event, rather than something which could cause actual distress.

JonSnowsWhore Fri 07-Apr-17 09:51:28

Yes it is genuine piece, it's my local park 🙈

Fruitcocktail6 Fri 07-Apr-17 09:52:16

I witnessed a park wanker once, I did find it very funny.

LordScuttlebutt Fri 07-Apr-17 09:53:19

They cannot spell and don't know where to put apostrophes.

Shocking grammar shock

LordScuttlebutt Fri 07-Apr-17 09:54:11

No need to beat around the bush

The problem is that the flasher probably is beating-off in the bushes grin

Littlepond Fri 07-Apr-17 09:54:18

Ugh, I agree OP. They might as well have written "what a scamp!".
It's a serious thing which they are totally making light of and you can imagine they all had a good giggle and a "ah, we've all been tempted, right lads?" back at the station.
YANBU.

maddiemookins16mum Fri 07-Apr-17 09:55:34

I'm really shocked that the tone/content of that social media post by the Met Police was even signed of (off 😊) by anyone in authority.

witsender Fri 07-Apr-17 09:55:36

Yanbu....Awful SPAG and far too light hearted.

peaceout Fri 07-Apr-17 09:55:37

So who wrote that?
Does it reflect the educational standard of the average police officer?

SpreadYourHappiness Fri 07-Apr-17 09:56:02

YABU. The police have sent out the correct message about the current situation (barring SPAG errors, of course).

What did you want them to put? 'Oh, and he's probably a rapist too, so be careful!' Flashers/exhibitionists are not automatically rapists. It would be ridiculous to even suggest that they are.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now