Talk

Advanced search

To think this DM headline about Mel B is horrific?

(24 Posts)
givemestrengthorgin Fri 07-Apr-17 09:36:20

Don't have time to check if this has already been posted about here today but surely this headline is so below the belt even for the Daily Fail which was already the lowest of the low.

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 07-Apr-17 09:46:12

Good grief, I was expecting something about her killing puppies for shits and giggles. Not that she wants to keep money from her husband during their divorce. Yabu with the melodrama of being 'horrified', it's a scummy tabloid. Which you're giving more talking time to by posting about them

user1484615313 Fri 07-Apr-17 09:49:44

Who cares what they do. Shouldn't be news anyway. It's private.

LordScuttlebutt Fri 07-Apr-17 09:52:08

Not much of a plot if it's on the front page of the paper.

WorraLiberty Fri 07-Apr-17 09:53:32

Why do you read a paper that's the lowest of the low?

And then advertise it while complaining?

NotStoppedAllDay Fri 07-Apr-17 09:55:51

'Horrified' dear god! Mumsnet is becoming ridiculous.... again!

givemestrengthorgin Fri 07-Apr-17 09:58:23

Sorry I haven't explained my post very well...I'm not 'horrified' (okay slight exaggeration in words used for dramatic effect) at the thought of Mel B keeping her millions but at the way the daily mail have turned her into the baddie after she came out and spoke about the horrendous physical and sexual abuse she experienced by her husband. The headline is insinuating she has made it all up just so she can keep her money.

givemestrengthorgin Fri 07-Apr-17 09:59:09

And I don't read it...it was on the bbc news summary of today's headlines.

PNGirl Fri 07-Apr-17 09:59:46

The whole thing is such a mess. I think it's fairly obvious that she was either in some kind of denial or frightened of him when she said he never laid a finger on her back in 2014 - did anyone really believe her?

Not that I would ever defend the Mail! But although that headline doesn't appear to give her the benefit of the doubt, they're running clips of her reality show where they fell out and reporting on how he took control of her finances and denied her access to money so I'm not really sure what version of the story they're peddling.

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 07-Apr-17 10:05:32

But they're not showing her as a 'baddie'. If the headline read 'Mel B plots to scam husband out of his money during divorce' then yes it would be showing her in a bad light. But it doesn't say that. I don't like the Daily Mail. The bashing it gets on here is getting really tiring now. Threads about every little thing it does. I mean, you thought someone else might have started a thread about this?! Why? Because the headline is so 'horrifying' or purely because it's the Daily Mail?

LordScuttlebutt Fri 07-Apr-17 10:06:55

I doubt Mel B cares if the DM is "on her side" anyway.

Theimpossiblegirl Fri 07-Apr-17 10:07:20

I agree, OP. The use of the word plot instead of plan has implications. A plot or scheme imply premeditation, underhand dealings and dirty tactics. Knowing the Mail, they would love to make her look like the bad person in all this, they aren't known for being fond of successful women- or any women for that matter.

WorraLiberty Fri 07-Apr-17 10:12:56

I agree Paul

But remember, no-one here actually reads the Daily Mail wink

PaulAnkaTheDog Fri 07-Apr-17 10:16:51

Worra it's amazing the number of people who don't read the Daily Mail but post links to stories in it. I want the magical power that lets you know the content of papers without reading them.

Seriously though, the traffic the Mumsnet gives to DM is mad. I know the OP didn't post a link and it's a picture of the cover but people will go and look at the website now for the story. I suspect the 'hating the DM' is trendy on mn and there are quite a few who lie about reading it.

Megatherium Fri 07-Apr-17 10:17:33

Typical Mail misogyny. What a man tries to keep money away from an ex, it's never a "plot" in their book, it's totally justified action to stop some greedy grasping harpy from getting her hands on his hard-earned.

WorraLiberty Fri 07-Apr-17 10:27:27

It's weird, but it's always been the same for as long as I can remember.

highinthesky Fri 07-Apr-17 10:35:23

I'm happy with the headline. It's a useful nudge to any woman suffering DV and still wondering whether to LTB.

MrsSchadenfreude Fri 07-Apr-17 10:35:34

Good for her, and I hope she does. DD1 is friends with her eldest daughter. The kids don't need to see shit like this.

Edsheeranalbumparty Fri 07-Apr-17 11:02:31

Horrified?

YABU. Get a grip.

It is totally sexist, that headline would never been written about a man. But it's not 'horrifying' and the DM have gone way lower than this many, many times before.

Batgirlspants Fri 07-Apr-17 11:07:00

Couldn't give a crap about either of them to be honest. They both seem to have no shame or morals and happily parade their private lives for the world to see.

I feel very sorry for the children.

VeryButchyRestingFace Fri 07-Apr-17 11:11:43

To be fair, OP's gaze could have inadvertently fallen on the DM headline as she sailed past the tabloid rack en route to pick up a copy of The National Geographic.

smile

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not trying to kill you.

SquatBetty Fri 07-Apr-17 11:40:52

It's the Mail, what do you expect?

it's written by cunts for cunts

noeffingidea Fri 07-Apr-17 12:08:31

It's not horrifying at all.
Any and all facts revealed in the courts are fodder for the tabloids the court reveals otherwise.
It's also entirely possible for Mel B to a)be a victim of abuse and b)make plans to stash money away, both at the same time. They're not mutually exclusive.
Finally, I can assure you that there will already be a group of people who believe that she made the whole thing up to get more money out of him, irrespective of the DM. People believe all sorts of things and there's not much anyone can do about that.

LouKout Fri 07-Apr-17 12:09:15

Yes.YANBU..without even reading it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now