Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To sit upstairs for 10mins by myself?

(7 Posts)
babymamamilk Fri 07-Apr-17 08:55:06

This is really awful but I've been sat upstairs for almost ten minutes now when I said I was going up for a quick shower!

My DC is 2 and has been ill for almost a week now. He's been to the drs three times and hospital once so I'm not ignoring it but it's just taking its time to work through and the antibiotics don't seem to be having any effect yet after getting them on Tuesday. He's had to be carried constantly though. It's a constant stream of "mammy carry me, mammy I need you, mammy lift me up, mammy mammy mammy." And then he doesn't actually know what he wanted. It's the same all through the night too and I miss my bed! I love all the cuddles but I need a little bit of a break! He needs me right now I know because he's not eating or drinking anything at all and I'm all he has.

He currently downstairs with DH who has put in a days holiday for today so he can help and not worry about his phone going off. It's rare I have this help as he works all week and is often busy weekends. Am I being awful to just leave them for a bit? I will have a shower obviously. I feel bad.

Smudddle Fri 07-Apr-17 09:00:55

DH has taken leave to help - let him! If I were you I'd tell DH I need to sleep for an hour or two and go to bed. You need to keep your energy up. I'd also be making use of cbeebies to sit quietly with my eyes closed. I'd also get DH to make the meals, put a load of washing on, run the hoover around etc

joopy79 Fri 07-Apr-17 09:01:03

Have a break! Go and have a bath or go for a walk, your husband will cope. Look after yourself.

LindyHemming Fri 07-Apr-17 09:02:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kingjoffreyworksintescos Fri 07-Apr-17 09:02:19

Sounds like you are all having a bit of a hard time , don't worry antibiotics often take several days till they start to work
Having a little while out sounds good , like you need it , enjoy your quiet moment and don't feel guilty , better still ask your DH if you can have a proper hour or two break as he's home to help ?
Enjoy your shower
Hope your DS is better soon 💐

babymamamilk Fri 07-Apr-17 09:29:48

Thank you everyone. I've had my shower and they both survived. We have a house viewing at 4 so need to spend the day cleaning for a bit. Luckily with DC incapacitated I can do it now and it won't be destroyed in 20mins grin

DH is more than capable I know but he panics easily. He's happy to have leave today anyway because apparently work is doing his head in and can do one! I'm not sure a sickly toddler is a better option but I guess work must be bad right now. I myself am escaping the drama of school and it's on a parr!

I'd love a bath but unfortunately we don't have a bath in our house. I moved into the "man house" at 7mths pregnant and we've had plans for a bath ever since. Now we are just going to move house instead and I've made sure there's two baths in the new one!

Thank you again. I know he'll be fine but the crying cuts me like a knife xxx

NavyandWhite Fri 07-Apr-17 09:38:57

Yanbu. Was going to say nip out for a coffee on your own but you might not have chance if you've got to get the house ready.

Headphones and music? brew

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now