Talk

Advanced search

To ask why spaghetti and pineapple on a pizza is upsetting people?

(10 Posts)
hellokittymania Fri 07-Apr-17 05:55:25

The prime minister of New Zealand likes to put these things on his pizza and my thoughts were, at least he can cook and his family even eat his cooking. I have seen for stranger food trends than spaghetti and pineapple on pizza. I just saw something on edible helium balloons grin

news.mb.com.ph/2017/04/07/new-zealand-pm-grilled-after-spaghetti-pizza-outrage/

hellokittymania Fri 07-Apr-17 06:02:09

Edible helium balloons,

www.eater.com/2012/2/13/6614235/watch-the-chefs-at-alinea-make-an-edible-helium-balloon

steff13 Fri 07-Apr-17 06:07:17

Spaghetti on a pizza is weird. Too many carbs. But, pineapple, bacon, and red onion (with barbecue sauce, not pizza sauce) is amazing.

PotOfYoghurt Fri 07-Apr-17 06:07:46

Have you seen the Italian embassy's response? They made a pavlova and put cream and salami on top grin

ZaziesPaws Fri 07-Apr-17 06:10:18

That's quite funny Pot.

I thought the pizza would be a bit like those baked bean pizzas you used to get.

hellokittymania Fri 07-Apr-17 06:22:09

OMG Pot! grin

Now salami on a Pavlova really would be disgusting I think

kmc1111 Fri 07-Apr-17 06:43:12

Oh ick, it's not even proper spaghetti, just the rank canned stuff. And the pineapple looks like the sickly sweet canned type too.

I wouldn't call anything he's done here cooking. He's gotten some pre-made bases, opened some cans, cut up a tomato and some bacon, and dumped it all on there. If it took more than 1 minute to prepare he's doing something even more wrong than serving it in the first place.

BarbaraofSeville Fri 07-Apr-17 07:06:37

Spaghetti on pizza is weird and pineapple isn't good, neither is the huge pile of meat that most people seem to insist on putting on pizza. It's certainly one food where simple is best.

Love the Italian embassy's response.

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Fri 07-Apr-17 07:09:44

My Italian friend makes spaghetti omelette
Yuck

TheDowagerCuntess Fri 07-Apr-17 08:46:02

Spaghetti on pizza is just grim, and for the record, this is not something that most of us do.

Pineapple, on the other hand, is made for pizza. 🍍

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now