Talk

Advanced search

To ask for help for my bright red, hot, throbbing chalfonts?

(23 Posts)
LordScuttlebutt Thu 06-Apr-17 20:31:35

They are very painful.

What are your tips?

Rubber ring?
Banding procedure?

LilacSpatula Thu 06-Apr-17 20:31:56

Wtf is a Chalfont?

Laniakea Thu 06-Apr-17 20:33:00

Chalfont St Giles ...

Sorry OP no suggestions but ouch!

ragz134 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:34:13

Suppositories, the 4 in 1 kind that have anaesthetic and steroids in.

LordScuttlebutt Thu 06-Apr-17 20:35:02

I've tried Anusol - only gives the slightest relief.

Even washing hurts blush

Toadinthehole Thu 06-Apr-17 20:35:08

I suggest a good dose of Another Six English Towns presented by Alec Clifton-Taylor, or a visit to the GP.

MOIST Thu 06-Apr-17 20:36:02

Ouch. Massive piles of sympathy. Slap the cream on a lot (gently) and don't try home surgery. It won't end well.

Moanyoldcow Thu 06-Apr-17 20:39:29

I suffered horribly during pregnancy - ended up crying in the doctor's surgery it was so terrible.

This is what really helped me:

Suppositories AND ointment - Protocsedyl if you can get it prescribed, Anusol HC if not - make sure it's the HC one - get cream and suppositories.

Big fat cotton pads soaked in witch hazel to soothe and clean. After that, smear a cotton pad in the ointment and apply like a dressing.

Fybogel regularly.

Crying.

You can get something called lignocaine which is a topical anaesthetic too but it's quite expensive.

I feel so bad for you - the piles were worse that the c-section for me.

I now don't allow an attack to get this bad - suppositories as soon as I start to feel it coming on.

Booboobedoo Thu 06-Apr-17 20:42:22

Suppositories, cream with hydrocortisone in it, and ibuprofen.

Take ibuprofen tonight: it's an anti-inflammatory.

You have my deepest sympathies flowers

BiggerBoatNeeded Thu 06-Apr-17 20:43:27

Witch hazel on cotton wool pad applied regularly and kept there for a bit. Poor you sad

dontblameme Thu 06-Apr-17 20:44:21

Coconut oil!

picklemepopcorn Thu 06-Apr-17 20:47:42

Suppositories as soon as you get a hint of an itch.

TheTurnOfTheScrew Thu 06-Apr-17 20:50:57

I had the world's biggest pile a while back. I honestly thought I was growing a bollock. The suppositories are the business.

LakieLady Thu 06-Apr-17 21:05:58

Anodesyn (suppositories and ointment) is almost as good as Proctosedyl, but is available OTC.

Holding a cold, damp flannel on them seems to help as well.

madeleinecreek Thu 06-Apr-17 21:13:11

I use teething gel on everything as a topical anaesthetic. Not sure if it would sting on piles?

Haggisfish Thu 06-Apr-17 21:26:55

Proctosedyl. Suppositories.

ThePinkOcelot Thu 06-Apr-17 21:46:07

My sister absolutely swears by fresh lemon juice in cotton wool and placed on the pile. She says it stings a bit, but works.
I feel your pain, you have my sympathy.

BewtySkoolDropowt Thu 06-Apr-17 21:52:12

Also came on to say coconut oil. A friend tried it when she had nothing else in the house and she lives miles from anywhere. She said it worked better than what she has had prescribed in the past.

Blossomdeary Thu 06-Apr-17 22:03:30

If the piles are acutely painful beyond the "usual", it may be that one is thrombosed and the clot in it needs to be extracted. This has happened to me several times; and on one occasion I had to have an anal stretch to relieve the problem.

If however this is piles pain as per usual, then I found the best thing was to stand in the shower and direct the jet at it - it did not last past leaving the shower of course.

It is truly horrible - bad luck.

"Keep the traffic friendly!" was the advice I was always given.

Awfulatmaths Thu 06-Apr-17 22:36:05

The GP can give you a proper pain relieving gel called rectogesic. Fabulous stuff.

Haggisfish Fri 07-Apr-17 09:14:29

I had a thrombosed pile while pg and it was horrendous. Had to go home from work in tears!! Eventually it 'popped' -the relief. If it's that painful, see your gp.

Didiplanthis Fri 07-Apr-17 09:20:53

Rectogesic is for fissures ( splits ) not piles it increases local blood supply to improve healing. Not sure you want more blood diverted there with piles ! Topical lignocaine / steroids better for piles. And rest laying flat if you can. Standing makes it worse.

Zaphodsotherhead Fri 07-Apr-17 09:29:54

Be careful with OTC stuff - I had an allergy to them that made things worse, so had to use prescription-only creams etc. If you're using OTC remedies and it's not helping, that could be part of the problem.

Deep sympathy. I wouldn't wish Chalfonts on my worst enemy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now