Talk

Advanced search

What's the point of the Domino's pizza tracker?

(18 Posts)
LilacSpatula Thu 06-Apr-17 20:30:42

They always say it's being prepared and then it pops to 'out for delivery'. Then I get an email receipt and it's STILL not here.

What's the point if the branch are just going to use it incorrectly to show they have quick delivery times (which they don't)?!

Rant over...

LilacSpatula Thu 06-Apr-17 20:31:35

Ahh, feel better already...love a vent.

Railgunner1 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:36:59

My neighbours ordered a pizza. It got delivered to a wrong door. The other neighbours' teenage children helped themselves.

PNGirl Thu 06-Apr-17 20:37:26

I live round the corner so it tells me when to set off to collect!

LilacSpatula Thu 06-Apr-17 20:40:50

I wish I lived around the corner! Would be sooo much easier.

I hope my neighbours haven't got it...bugger!

PunjanaTea Thu 06-Apr-17 20:45:26

It keeps gives you point of reference for your children when they keep asking when the pizza will be here.

Knittedfrog Thu 06-Apr-17 20:46:55

Now I want pizza!

WombOfOnesOwn Thu 06-Apr-17 20:48:27

It reminds you to put some clothes on when the driver is nearly there.

AnotherYellowBelly Thu 06-Apr-17 20:51:14

Ours races through then sits at the quality checker waiting for a delivery driver to be free forever! The delivery part is pretty accurate though

finova Thu 06-Apr-17 20:52:30

Kids love it.

LilacSpatula Thu 06-Apr-17 21:00:07

Still not here. The app said it was delivered ages ago. I've called them and it's 'on it's way'.

rogertherabbit Thu 06-Apr-17 21:00:54

I know someone who used to work in dominos. It's not a real tracker! I was so disappointed when she told me sad

TwatteryFlowers Thu 06-Apr-17 21:11:51

The other day I ordered a pizza from domino's. At the same time, dh ordered a kebab, waited half an hour, went to pick it up and then ate it and washed up. My pizza was nowhere to be seen. I called and was told it was on its way. Rang back ten minutes later and the driver was a few hundred yards away. Rang again after able ten minutes and it still hadn't arrived. I lost my temper, told them to cancel the order and that I'd like my money back. Ten fucking days it's going to take for them to put it back in my account. When the delivery driver eventually turned up it was almost 2 hours late. I told him I'd cancelled, I didn't want the pizza and that I won't ever use them again. Expensive pizzas and shit service.

booitsme Thu 06-Apr-17 21:13:41

rogertherabbit say that isn't so - I confess I love watching that little tracker!

Obviouspretzel Thu 06-Apr-17 21:56:19

I've never had a Dominoes that didn't arrive faster than any other pizza shop ever.

StereophonicallyChallenged Thu 06-Apr-17 22:01:44

They're all franchises so totally depends on the store you use imo. One up the road, brilliant, good offers, always hot and tasty.
One down the road is Shiite!!

Porpoiselife Thu 06-Apr-17 22:02:39

I no longer order dominoes. The last 2 times they managed to mess up an order of 1 pizza and both times arrived like warm. Can't say I miss them actually. The tracker thingy has never been accurate! Especially as it spent 20 minutes in quality control and arrived missing toppings!

Asmoto Thu 06-Apr-17 22:08:18

Works fine for me - the 'out for delivery' segment is my signal to fetch trays, cutlery etc. from the kitchen so we're ready to eat the pizza straight away when it arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now