Talk

Advanced search

My niece has a troublesome friend

(6 Posts)
SparklePony Thu 06-Apr-17 19:30:04

My niece (who is 12) has a very unhealthy friendship with a girl who is causing her a great deal of upset. She is very manipulative and controlling. A few months ago she managed to get hold of my niece's email password and hacked into her account! She spent money that was my nieces on a game she was playing and changed the default email to her own (so she couldn't deny it was her). Anyway, I realise that it is not my problem and I have to let my sister deal with this but I really feel that she should have gone to the police! Her parents seem to have zero discipline and I think she needs to be taught a lesson! What should I do? Mind my own business??

Railgunner1 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:18:47

I don't think police has time for kids squabbling over a videogame. Shitty thing, but not a police matter

WatchingFromTheWings Thu 06-Apr-17 20:24:08

She spent money that wasn't hers. It's more than kids squabbling over a game. I'd at least approach the parents for the money back. Then speak to the police if no joy with that.

Maryhadalittlelambstew Thu 06-Apr-17 20:26:26

Its petty theft and I think police going around and talking to the girl would give her the shock she needs! And I know people will say its a waste of police time, I agree its not a good use of their time but it will be worth it in the long run if it puts a stop to this, otherwise if she gets away with it she might go on to shoplifting etc. However I'm not sure where police would stand on this and whether they would get involved. Its a dreadful thing for anyone to do to someone else, your poor niece must be very upset. Is your sister going to speak to the parents? Sorry, not sure what else to say other than I hope this gets nipped in the bud.

Railgunner1 Thu 06-Apr-17 20:34:31

Actual money or game money?

SparklePony Thu 06-Apr-17 21:09:50

It was game money and not much, though that's not the point is it? It's more about the abuse of trust and sheer audacity! I agree Mary that actually its not a waste of police time if this teaches her a lesson now. The problem is it's not my place to report it anyway. So frustrating and upsetting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now