Talk

Advanced search

New Look customer service 😩

(70 Posts)
Whosafraidofabigduckfart Thu 06-Apr-17 16:57:52

I'm relaxing in bed after gall bladder surgery and I made my first order from New look website

As I'd signed up they'd emailed me a 20% discount.

The order wasn't working on my iPhone (issue with item in basket no longer in stock) so I swapped to tablet and completed the order

Afterwards I realised the discount hadn't gone through so emailed them to get a 'we can't amend order' reply. I tried to redo the order but as this discount was for first order on website it doesn't seem to be working

AIbU to return everything, and post about it - is this bad customer service ?

scurryfunge Thu 06-Apr-17 17:01:18

You can probably still cancel the order and go and find a similar discount with another store.

scurryfunge Thu 06-Apr-17 17:02:04

Hope you are feeling better too

catmumof1 Thu 06-Apr-17 17:07:55

I wouldn't leave them a bad review for it but I would send it all back and sign up with a new email address to get the 20% off if you spent enough to make it worthwhile?

It's not so much bad customer services as it is a bad website but some other companies might have given you a voucher to use on another order, Fashion World and Amazon are good at shutting people up with vouchers!

Also if its not urgent stuff New Look send discount codes out quite often.

Enjoy your time off and online shopping, hope someone is keeping you topped up in tea and cake as well smile

Kikikaakaa Thu 06-Apr-17 17:09:32

I really like them, pretty much use them all the time more than any other shop!

Email customer services about it - they will give you a new code?

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Thu 06-Apr-17 17:17:46

I'd emailed back but no reply I'm afraid.

There is nothing stopping them overwriting an order besides bad customer service processes and management so they can get stuffed

I normally never have time to order or follow up a complaint so they're unlucky I'm taking it easy 😄

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Thu 06-Apr-17 17:20:46

I see the CEO is
Anders Christian Kristiansen

Anyone have his email details ? I know there was a page with CEO links but can't find it ?

PopcornBits Thu 06-Apr-17 17:31:46

Most businesses won't amend an order to apply a discount, its normally in the FAQ's.
I don't think this is really a customer service thing it sounds like a technical glitch. Is the code reusable or just that one off?

PopcornBits Thu 06-Apr-17 17:32:54

CEO... really? For 20% off? biscuit

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Thu 06-Apr-17 17:43:55

Popcorn,

I dislike bad customer service, bad processes, bad management.

It's a point of principle rather than the monetary amount. You obviously don't feel the same way.

When I see evidence of them I often e-mail CEO's as when I worked in senior roles in various companies the CEO's would often raise valid examples of bad service and request the relevant director to correct it. It's effective complaining.

That's often how things get fixed.

CrazyCatMum Thu 06-Apr-17 18:49:26

I had this with New Look and did the online chat with them. All I had to do was messaged them the order number and they refunded me what would have been the discount.

AverysillyoldHector Thu 06-Apr-17 18:52:22

Did you forget to put the discount code in when you did your order on the iPad? If so, I dont see that as poor customer service.

HermioneJeanGranger Thu 06-Apr-17 18:56:10

Did you not check the total before finalising the order?

If you didn't check, I don't see how that's New Look's fault confused

kali110 Thu 06-Apr-17 18:58:54

*Did you not check the total before finalising the order?

If you didn't check, I don't see how that's New Look's fault confused*

This. It sucks.
did you possibly not put the code in on your ipad?

rjay123 Thu 06-Apr-17 19:06:40

Did you sign up with a gmail email account? There is a trick if you did

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Thu 06-Apr-17 19:17:04

Hermione, I made a mistake, I'm in bed after an operation - good customer would allow me to rectify a mistake 5 minutes after making it, I don't think I'm asking for the sun, moon and stars. If you think I am - you have really low expectations.

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Thu 06-Apr-17 19:19:41

It wouldn't process my order on iPhone where I used the email with link to discount.

It posted a message saying one item was not in stock but wouldn't take it out of basket and kept sending me back to basket

That's why I moved to a tablet but didn't open through email by accident.

If the glitch wasn't in the basket on my iPhone - the order would have gone through correctly

Whosafraidofabigduckfart Thu 06-Apr-17 19:27:19

Kali Avery - I messaged them straight after placing order and got a polite fuck off - that's the bad customer service bit.

I acknowledge my error but the fact that ' Darcey' couldn't be arsed to help me - puts me off. Plenty of other companies would amend the order. They're the company's i will continue to use 😄

amusedbush Thu 06-Apr-17 19:34:24

I signed up and got a 30% off code a couple of weeks ago. It didn't work on any of my browsers or devices so I had to use the chat feature and they sent me a new 30% off code and a free delivery code.

Sorry this happened to you. They really need to have a look at the faulty emails they are sending out.

Garnethair Fri 07-Apr-17 07:40:05

Anders is the CEO but is based in China. Email customer services? Or tweet New Look?

mum11970 Fri 07-Apr-17 07:46:27

What a load of fuss over your own cock up.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Fri 07-Apr-17 07:52:17

You made the mistake so why the heck should THEY rectify it!?

notcreative23 Fri 07-Apr-17 07:55:48

If it was their mistake and they didn't try to fix it I would understand the poor customer service comments.
However you've made it clear that you were the one that didn't put in the code, so I don't think it's fair to say they have bad customer service for not correcting your mistake.

BeaveredBadgered Fri 07-Apr-17 07:57:32

Does registering a new email address not work?

HermioneJeanGranger Fri 07-Apr-17 08:04:59

They're not obliged to discount orders that have already been processed. It's not their job to correct your mistake.

If it bothers you that much, cancel the order and redo it with the discount, or order elsewhere.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now