Talk

Advanced search

To slob around on the sofa even though the weather is lovely and I should be sorting the garden?

(14 Posts)
SharkiraSharkira Thu 06-Apr-17 16:57:15

The weather is nice and sunny here for a change and I have some big plans to spruce up my garden and make it look lovely so I can actually use it in the summer. I know I should be doing this stuff while the weather is good.

However, I have just finished a long shift at work and I'm knackered. I'm lying on my comfortable sofa and eating chocolate.

Aibu to carry on sitting here and watching whatever crap on tv I want before dp gets home and ruins my fun or should I be doing something more productive while the going is good?

Havanaclub Thu 06-Apr-17 17:01:05

No yanbu.

Do what you want to do. Enjoy the quiet. The garden will still be there tomorrow.

HerBluebiro Thu 06-Apr-17 17:03:29

Depends. How tired are you? Do you need to switch your body clock back again?

Will you feel more 'rested' if you have achieved something? I often do. Something fun and a bit physical - gardening is perfect for me. I love seeing the things grow.

SharkiraSharkira Thu 06-Apr-17 17:06:24

Well I do want to do the gardening in the sunshine. But I'm tired, been on my feet for 8ish hrs. So I also want to sit down and do nothing!

I have a couple days off coming up so I could do the garden then, but the weather might have turned bad by that time! confused

SharkiraSharkira Thu 06-Apr-17 17:08:50

I love seeing the things grown too biro! I'm quite an impatient gardener though as I like to see results very quickly and nature doesn't always work that way grin

MrsJaniceBattersby Thu 06-Apr-17 17:11:10

Put your feet up and relax
There's loads of time left to get into the garden before the summer

TwitterQueen1 Thu 06-Apr-17 17:14:19

I WAS going to say YABU until you mentioned 8 hours at work, but now I won't. I'm stuck in hospital and would love to be outside though

LottieL Thu 06-Apr-17 17:18:01

Yanbu! Open the windows - that's what I did. Me and my 3 week old daughter then napped together 🙂

SpringSpringSpring Thu 06-Apr-17 17:20:41

Go lie in the garden instead - best of both!

Cherrysoup Thu 06-Apr-17 17:21:18

I also slobber round after a token ten minutes in the garden. I then decided I'd clear up a paint spill in the shed (not my doing) and clear out about 15 years of rubbish. I'm going to regret that when its pissing with rain and I can't get in the garden.

harderandharder2breathe Thu 06-Apr-17 17:21:26

Yanbu

I had an unexpected early finish from work and having walked home in the sunshine am slobbed on the sofa right now! Feel like I should be doing something but have no one to do something with and can't be arsed doing anything on my own.

SharkiraSharkira Thu 06-Apr-17 17:23:12

Now there's an idea Spring! But then I can't watch tv sad

Hmm maybe I should just do one small task and then I'll feel like I've accomplished something!

SharkiraSharkira Thu 06-Apr-17 17:24:13

Harder, yes I think it would be easier if I had someone to drag me out of my lethargy grin

MaverickSnoopy Thu 06-Apr-17 17:30:37

Having spent the day sprucing up the garden I can say with certainty YANBU. I am knackered. What was I thinking?!

The weather (here) is supposed to be glorious all weekend so you might be fine. Do it then when you haven't been at work all day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now