Talk

Advanced search

Am i recovering, or being a lazy ass?

(4 Posts)
ITCouldBeWorse Thu 06-Apr-17 16:25:58

I work FT term time and do a fair bit of volunteering, with 3dc and a DH who works away a lot.

Four weeks ago I picked up some virus, which made me feel dreadful. I dragged myself to work, never missed a day, and still got my kids to all their various activities.

I finished work on Tuesday, and so far I've tidied up a bit, packed for everyone and binged on netflicks.

I'm so used to being busy, I feel like I am wasting my holiday. Or am I doing the right thing and allowing myself to recover?

I feel pathetic that I cannot even decide!

WorraLiberty Thu 06-Apr-17 16:31:44

You sound like me.

I always struggle through and manage, but as soon as I get time to relax, my body just grinds to a halt grin

It sounds like you need the rest, so it can't be a waste of holiday really.

Mind you after a few days, it's best to try to get out and about just so you're not stuck in a rut of tiredness breeding tiredness, if you see what I mean.

gunsandbanjos Thu 06-Apr-17 16:32:53

You're being unreasonable to drag yourself to work everyday with a dreadful virus unless you work in an isolation tank.

ITCouldBeWorse Thu 06-Apr-17 16:34:50

I think that's what I worry about - I have been out today, but yesterday was in pjs all day.

I am booked on Sunday for volunteering so that's just a bit more slobbing. And I have cleared up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now