Advanced search

To not really get why folk have threesomes

(348 Posts)
PetallyTyrants Thu 06-Apr-17 15:34:02

It just seems like a lot of work

I'd rather Mumsnet.

Am I right or am I missing out?

Passmethecrisps Thu 06-Apr-17 15:34:58

On balance I would probably rather have a sit down with a book but I am not really sure I am the target audience for threesomes

Sirzy Thu 06-Apr-17 15:35:00

Each to their own I guess.

What consenting adults get up to behind closed doors is up to them!

AtSea1979 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:35:45

I'd rather have a brew and watch telly

VladmirsPoutine Thu 06-Apr-17 15:36:51

There's quite a broad spectrum of activities in-between Mumsnetting and partaking in a threesome.

That said, I don't understand why anyone would prefer mild cheddar cheese over the real strong stinky stuff.

To conclude: Horses for courses.

That1950sMum Thu 06-Apr-17 15:37:01

I can't even really be bothered with a twosome if I'm honest.

MephistophelesApprentice Thu 06-Apr-17 15:37:08

Personally, I'd relish the challenge of satisfying two people at once.

Now I just need the opportunity.

Chasingsquirrels Thu 06-Apr-17 15:37:12

I'd rather Mumsnet PMSL!!
No I wouldn't want a threesome, but I'd rather have had sex with late-DH than Mumsnet (truthfully i couldn't say the same about exH).

VestalVirgin Thu 06-Apr-17 15:40:19

I suppose a threesome would be nice, if one could find two hot men to have sex with at the same time.

As things are, I can't even find one man with whom I want to have sex.

So mumsnet it is.

Huskylover1 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:41:51

I can't see how they work, unless at least 2 of the 3 are bisexual? I don't want to see another woman naked, bleurgh. Also, I don't want to see my DH fuck another woman, I'd be heartbroken. Similarly, I don't want sex with a man who isn't DH.

Bluntness100 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:44:27

I'm not sure why the choice is a threesome or munsnet,,😂

PinkHeart59156816 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:45:10

Each to their own!

It was certainly an experience I won't forget, it was just a fantasy to try out in my younger days and it was very much enjoyed wink

PrettyRicky Thu 06-Apr-17 15:46:25

I've had a couple of threesomes. One was with me and two men. The other with a man and a woman.

I wasn't in relationships with any of these people.

It was horrible. Sex between two people can be a bit awkward and uncomfortable at times so imagine a third one being there. Having to tell two people to move up, move down, slow down, don't put that there, not so fast, not so hard, a bit faster. Also, there's a lot more squelching when there are three people.
Exhausting.

MN is waaaaaay better.

Booboo27 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:48:31

Had a couple in my youth and didn't enjoy them. Far too much effort!
Sex one to one is so much more intimate IMO

MaidOfStars Thu 06-Apr-17 15:48:50

In my head, it's a way to have sex with a woman in a way that my husband approves of grin

I suspect the exploration of bisexuality is a fairly big reason generally.

Could not be arsed, in fact slightly repulsed, by the idea of me and two men.

LordScuttlebutt Thu 06-Apr-17 15:49:05

To conclude: Horses for courses

A threesome with a horse?!

WarwickDavisAsPlates Thu 06-Apr-17 15:49:23

Huskylover I've found that's why it's better to be the "guest star" in a threesome.

I wouldn't do it now that I'm married because I don't think I'd be comfortable with my DH even kissing another woman let alone anything else and I'm sure he'd feel the same about me.

However, in my youth I participated in a few group sex type scenarios. Can't say it wasn't fun. You just would need to have the right kind of relationship with the other participants so you wouldn't find it ruining a marriage/relationship/ friendship.

MaidOfStars Thu 06-Apr-17 15:50:17

Or, what I secretly suspect is another big reason - the chance to shag someone you're having an emotional relationship with i.e. an excuse to have sexual contact that would normally be taboo in your relationship.

VeryButchyRestingFace Thu 06-Apr-17 15:50:44

I can't even really be bothered with a twosome if I'm honest.

I can't even be bothered to have a onesome. 😴

LordScuttlebutt Thu 06-Apr-17 15:51:12

I had a threesome last night... There were a couple of no shows, but I still had a good time

Madwomans Thu 06-Apr-17 15:51:14

I've never, but I always imagine myself the one on the edge of the bed, getting slightly cold and bored and hissing 'Don't mind me,' or going for it solo while the other two (of either sex) ride one another sideways with great enthusiasm.

FittonTower Thu 06-Apr-17 15:51:55

I wouldn't now, I couldn't with my husband. I was much more experimental in my 20s tho. Was fun......

PetallyTyrants Thu 06-Apr-17 15:53:01

There'd be so much preparation involved.
Waxing - everywhere 😳
Tidying the bedroom - before and after.
Changing the bedding - before and after.
Getting condoms.
All that before the action starts.

OrangeIsTheNewPop Thu 06-Apr-17 15:53:59

I've had a few. Like a huge sleepover but stinkier! 😂

SapphireStrange Thu 06-Apr-17 15:54:31

I agree. Too much faff.

I think the same about things like role-play and S&M; all that kit! What a palaver.

I feel much the same way about those sports that involve loading a car/van with ropes or boats or life-jackets or whatever.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now