Talk

Advanced search

To kiss my own baby in public?

(128 Posts)
Mysterycat23 Thu 06-Apr-17 08:03:44

New mum here. I have a habit of kissing LO on his head or cheeks every time I pick him up. I also kiss his head quite frequently while holding him. I do this at home and when out and about. In all honesty I'm addicted blush However at nct meet ups I've noticed I'm the only one kissing my LO.

No one has said anything to me but would like to know if it would make anyone uncomfortable or if I'm breaking some unwritten rule?

pitterpatterrain Thu 06-Apr-17 08:05:15

I do. It's lovely grin

Get the kisses in before you get them shouting "stop it mummy" confused

ItchyFoot Thu 06-Apr-17 08:05:29

Don't over think it. I give my 5mo lots of kisses and if I can catch my 3yo she gets lots too. Enjoy your baby

FacelikeaBagofHammers Thu 06-Apr-17 08:05:54

Kiss away! I certainly wouldn't give a damn what anyone thinks of me kissing my teeny baby. And they are so kissable!

fruityb Thu 06-Apr-17 08:06:52

Oh god I kiss my baby constantly saying "million kisses today!"

I pick him up, kiss, put him down, kiss, cuddle, kiss, he sits on my knee, I sit kissing him. I'm hooked as well he's just kissable!

Onomatopoeic Thu 06-Apr-17 08:07:31

I do this too. It's impossible not to.

HelgaHufflepuff76 Thu 06-Apr-17 08:07:36

I used to do this all the time when mine were babies. I'd still do it now if it wouldn't annoy the hell out of them!

UndersecretaryofWhimsy Thu 06-Apr-17 08:07:55

Eh, any sourpuss who objects to a mum being smitten by her baby can sod right off!

I wore lipstick (unusually for me) yesterday. At bathtime I briefly thought my toddler had picked up multiple cuts and scrapes, until I realised that in the brief time from picking him up I'd left smooches all over him. grin

DoNotBlameMeIVotedRemain Thu 06-Apr-17 08:09:20

I'm sure the others do, do it too. Perhaps not the same extent as you but everyone kisses their baby!

stolemyusername Thu 06-Apr-17 08:09:49

I still kiss my 18 yo when she lets me, the 18 mo get covered every day

CigarsofthePharoahs Thu 06-Apr-17 08:10:00

When mine were tiny I was either sniffing their heads or kissing them.
My 3 year old still let's me, but my 6 year old has started objecting.
Keep kissing, I don't think it did mine any harm!

Amockingjayhey Thu 06-Apr-17 08:13:21

I'd be more wondering where the other babies kisses are!!!!!!
I kiss my toddler when we are out. Always have and always will until she won't let me anymore

Andromache77 Thu 06-Apr-17 08:14:26

I stopped wearing lipstick for this very reason, I didn't want to cover my baby's face and body in red. The kisses are so much better than not looking washed up, which I do but I don't care. Babies cannot get enough kisses in my opinion (and there's studies to back it up, too).

weddingopinionsplease Thu 06-Apr-17 08:15:50

With my first kissing didn't come naturally at first so in public I wouldn't kiss him much until I got a bit more used to it (that sounds weird or like I'm some unaffectionate robot - at home when he was tiny I was constantly cuddling him but the kisses just didn't come naturally to me IYSWIM so I needed to make a conscious effort at first). Now he's 3 I kiss or ruffle his hair all the time! He loves it, the little cutie. 18 month old DD tries to snog my face all the time so she gets loads of kisses when we are out and about. I don't know if anyone notices or cares, I love it, the DC love it. Kiss your baby OP!

juls1888 Thu 06-Apr-17 08:16:28

I always have done as much as possible, it's those chubby wee cheeks, they are just so munchable! My DS is 3 now and tries to shove me away sometimes but still loves kisses and hugs regularly.

MaximaDeWit Thu 06-Apr-17 08:18:17

I'm also a baby kisser. Now a toddler kisser which is slightly less delicious as you're never sure what you're going to get (snot, toast, a bit of tongue)!

HumpHumpWhale Thu 06-Apr-17 08:19:44

I frequently stop the buggy in the street just to kiss my baby. What kind of weirdo doesn't kiss their baby!?!? The cheeks! The fluffy hair! The fat little hands! Babies are meant for kissing.

Debtfairy Thu 06-Apr-17 08:19:45

My DD is 6 months old and everyday I must kiss her eleventy billion times. Every nappy change I kiss her feet and blow a raspberry on her tummy, she now giggles in anticipation grin

QueenofLouisiana Thu 06-Apr-17 08:20:04

I wish I was still allowed to kiss DS in public! I'm not allowed anywhere near he "in case someone sees". However, I am allowed to buy him breakfast in places where we may be seen apparently.

Enjoy the kisses!

MuddyMoose Thu 06-Apr-17 08:21:08

I'm addicted to kissing mg baby too! He's almost 6 months. They are only little for a short time so make the most of it before they are pushing you away from embarrassing mummy kisses!

Although, a friend did say to me not too long ago that I kiss him too much & I'm too gentle with him? hmm I shrugged this off.

HumpHumpWhale Thu 06-Apr-17 08:22:08

Oh god, just saw the poster who said she took time to get used to it. Sorry, didn't mean to be rude! I don't think that's weird, actually. But I do think it would be odd to never kiss your baby.

CoraPirbright Thu 06-Apr-17 08:23:39

Oh god they're so damn kissable, aren't they?!! I think I spent the first couple of years with my lips welded to my little ones. I still try to get in as many kisses as possible, only now they have faces on like this: hmm. Not quite the effect I am going for but never mind.

Kiss away!!

onlyinshakespeare Thu 06-Apr-17 08:25:27

I prefer holding to kissing.

Kahlua4me Thu 06-Apr-17 08:26:54

Definitely keep kissing your gorgeous baby.
I still kiss my dc whenever I can and they are 10 and 13!!

Hellmouth Thu 06-Apr-17 08:27:27

It's a reflex action :D enjoy it while you can! One day our DCs will wrestle us when we try to lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now