Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be upset with my dad

(11 Posts)
user1491432143 Wed 05-Apr-17 23:57:32

So my sister chose her hen night and my husband could not book it off of work. As he is the only one who could have our two boys I told my sister and my mum that i cannot make this date so we can either choose something else or i'd be happy for them to go without me.
My mum then tells me that my dad will babysit for me. Great! Kids can stay with grandad.
After its all booked and paid for my dad then books a shift at work on that day, not knowing if he will be back ontime to be with kids.
His words are 'there's no way im going to turn down work while he (husband) is at work himself'
I purely booked this on the basis that my dad would have the kids as he agreed.
Aibu to be upset with him?

ecuse Thu 06-Apr-17 00:00:03

Not at all. But if your mum was the one to instigate it, can she have a word?

ChasedByBees Thu 06-Apr-17 00:18:11

I would be annoyed.

Madwoman5 Thu 06-Apr-17 01:10:42

He committed to covering an important date and has now decided work comes first. Hen night is a no no for you. However, I would let your mum know how disappointed you are that you will miss it cos your dad can no longer guarantee to babysit. Bet he and dh don't miss the stag though!

KlondikeBar Thu 06-Apr-17 01:19:42

He committed to covering an important date
I'm not sure if he did, there's no mention in the OP that he ever agreed to do it.

DingDongtheWitchIsDangDiddlyDe Thu 06-Apr-17 01:28:08

Your ma said your dad would babysit, but did anyone actually ask him before booking and paying?
If not, its entirely your own fault.

And why not just pay a babysitter?

Heratnumber7 Thu 06-Apr-17 04:18:14

Is there really no one else you can ask?
Can the DCs have a sleepover at a friends house? Or is there a local teenager who would babysit? Ask at your local Guide unit, or secondary school if kids studying childcare do babysitting.
There MUST be someone you can ask.

If not, start a babysitting circle so you don't have the same issue another time.

user1491432143 Thu 06-Apr-17 06:56:48

Thanks for the replies. Yes my dad did agree himself. And no i dont have friends close enough to me that i can leave my kids with. I just have a few family members who will be on the hen night themselves.
Husbands family live far away so cant ask them either.
I really do have no one else. Which my dad understood

Emmac50 Thu 06-Apr-17 07:02:12

No help here but that's really pants and hope you get it covered. Do the kids go to nursery? If so I'm sure the nursery people do babysitting as an extra. Mine all do as they get paid so little. If they don't go to nursery maybe ask one of your closest mums at school. Hope you get it sorted 😊

Heratnumber7 Thu 06-Apr-17 14:42:30

No local teenagers needing some extra picket money?

ohdoadoodoo Thu 06-Apr-17 14:47:33

YANBU if he said he would and then booked the shift.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now