Talk

Advanced search

To be annoyed about topless sunbathing?

(282 Posts)
Belle1102 Wed 05-Apr-17 15:32:26

Topless sunbathing on holiday can be just about tolerated. I, myself, have done it on occasion if the General vibe of the place seems totally laid back about it.
AIBU to be annoyed about the woman next door to me walking around her garden in nothing but a tiny thong with her huge fake boobs out?! I don't want to be looking at her practically naked body when I'm wanting to go into my garden. Plus my DP will get an eyeful of her too which will make me feel a bit shit. And whose to say that the neighbour's on the other side of her house two little boys won't get an eyeful too.
People can do what they want in their own homes and gardens, but here is nothing but a very low fence separating us and she is only about 1 meter away from my living room window angry

Ginmakesitallok Wed 05-Apr-17 15:33:38

Unless she's rubbing her boobs against your window yabu

Shoxfordian Wed 05-Apr-17 15:35:57

Yeah people can do what they want in their own gardens

Yabu

NotStoppedAllDay Wed 05-Apr-17 15:36:23

Yabu

Your do would see it on the beach, as would the 2 boys

Buy a new fence?

BorpBorpBorp Wed 05-Apr-17 15:38:07

The problem is the lack of privacy between your gardens, not that she's got her norks out and [gasp] children might see them.

ArseyTussle Wed 05-Apr-17 15:38:15

Where do you live OP? Here I'd consider myself topless today if I took my coat off.

Costacoffeeplease Wed 05-Apr-17 15:38:23

Maybe work on your self esteem so you don't feel so 'shit' in comparison to her

Floralnomad Wed 05-Apr-17 15:38:59

Put a bigger fence up then , this is your problem not hers .

Deadsouls Wed 05-Apr-17 15:39:22

YABU why do you care?

Belle1102 Wed 05-Apr-17 15:39:37

Live near Nottingham. Fair enough, guess I'm being unreasonable then!

TheWitTank Wed 05-Apr-17 15:40:05

YABU. It's only tits. Don't look or buy a bigger fence.

OhDearToby Wed 05-Apr-17 15:40:21

I would be a bit shocked if I saw it but not offended. Just shocked because it's not something you see often here.

I certainly wouldn't be worried about my dp seeing and the boys on the other side of the fence probably just have a snigger about it and a story to tell at school.

NotStoppedAllDay Wed 05-Apr-17 15:40:26

Your dp might not have. Problem looking at her though ... you are the only one with the problem op

Owllady Wed 05-Apr-17 15:42:57

One of my neighbours does it too. Thankfully I can't see into her garden but I've noticed if I've walked the dog past the house. She does it in full view of her husband's (very busy) office.

I think I was a bit taken aback in a les Dawson, boob hoiking type of way tbh. But I've noticed my teenage son keep a walking the dog just lately, so I shouldn't really complain.

edwinbear Wed 05-Apr-17 15:43:10

I'd hate it too - but then I also only go on holiday to countries where topless sunbathing is illegal because I am a prude and it makes me feel embarrassed. Which is completely my issue.

Crunchymum Wed 05-Apr-17 15:44:24

Fucking Hell, is Nottingham having a heatwave the rest of us are missing?

It's sunny but not sunbathing weather here.

I'm on the fence about it. Do it myself on holiday but wouldn't do it in my garden, mainly due to it being quite overlooked and well we don't really "do" topless sunbathing here, do we??? blush

soapboxqueen Wed 05-Apr-17 15:44:25

I'd be shocked not offended. I think you'd have to show she was doing it to cause alarm do get anything done about it.

Build a bigger fence.

TitaniasCloset Wed 05-Apr-17 15:44:31

We used to have a neighbour that did this, drove my mum mad. I wouldn't like it op, unless her garden is very private I think its a bit odd.

LastnightaDJ Wed 05-Apr-17 15:45:22

Is it that warm?!

blackteasplease Wed 05-Apr-17 15:46:51

Yabu. Norks don't offend me - they aren't even sex organs, even if fake. They don't urinate or deficate. They are for feeding babies. Any fake part is just a bit of plastic (or whatever).

DoNotBlameMeIVotedRemain Wed 05-Apr-17 15:47:20

I think she should have a bikini top on if she's in an overlooked residential garden.

lemondropcake Wed 05-Apr-17 15:47:27

Yanbu. She obviously doesn't care about her own self respect or others, if she knows people next door can see her. Especially when there are children and married men living next door. Really disrespectful.

I don't know what you can do about it though.
I wouldn't want my children seeing some randoms boobs or my dp having an eye full in our own bloody house. You shouldn't have to live in fear of seeing her naked and feeling uncomfortable about it. Different if she was sitting breast feeding in the garden but she's walking about in a thong. What a disrespectful, attention seeking cow.

MaidOfStars Wed 05-Apr-17 15:47:27

AIBU to be annoyed about the woman next door to me walking around her garden in nothing but a tiny thong with her huge fake boobs out?!
Yes, YABVU to be annoyed.

People can do what they want in their own homes and gardens
Apparently not.

I sunbathe topless in um garden. And walk around the house naked past French doors and windows onto the street. Don't want to see? Don't look into my space. And they're only breasts.

ThePiglet59 Wed 05-Apr-17 15:47:47

I have the same problem
My neighbour sunbathes topless and when I sit on my roof with my binoculars I can't avoid her.
Disgusting!

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 05-Apr-17 15:49:39

It's 13 fucking degrees in Nottingham!!! 13!!!

Wtaf is anyone doing out in just their sodding underwear?

Christ on a bike. I've still got the heating on.

<misses point>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now