Talk

Advanced search

To insist dd closes the bathroom door?

(4 Posts)
Dancergirl Wed 05-Apr-17 14:31:23

Reading the other thread about the 10 year old girl in the shower, I seem to have the opposite problem.

I also have a 10 year old dd (youngest of 3 girls) and she still uses the bathroom with the door wide open. Either in the shower/bath or on the loo, the door is open. I think she doesn't like being cut off and likes to chat as the rest of the family passes by on the landing.

She is starting to develop a bit, her shape is definitely curvier and has some pubic hair (don't think she's noticed TBH). Do you think it matters now if dh sees her undressed if she's not bothered?

I suppose there will come a day when she becomes shy but what would you do in the meantime? She's become quite self-conscious in other ways, e.g. gets embarrassed by me and dh quite easily, doesn't like me talking to her friends, she's all awkward....but not bothered at all by nudity in front of her family.

froofroomcgoo Wed 05-Apr-17 14:38:50

I'd leave her be. She'll be self conscious soon enough.

NerrSnerr Wed 05-Apr-17 14:45:22

I don't think it's a problem if she doesn't as long as no one else feels uncomfortable. At the moment I never shut the bathroom door. As my children get older if they want me to stop I will.

MommaGee Wed 05-Apr-17 14:47:05

Is leave her to do it at her own pace but perhaps point out its polite if visitors are over etc. Depending on the layout presumably DH can get upstairs without seeing in if hes uncomfortable?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now