Talk

Advanced search

Eating in the car?

(18 Posts)
themueslicamel Wed 05-Apr-17 13:30:44

(Lighthearted thread), I spent 2 hours clearing out the car at the weekend and as a result am thinking of banning eating in the car.

What do you do?

AIBU or not?

MrsELM21 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:34:58

I ban it every week, lasts for about 20 minutes and then the car is a tip, again!!

themueslicamel Wed 05-Apr-17 13:37:00

I had to use flash on the interior plastics it was so bad, so hopefully it lasts more than 20 mins!confused

NavyandWhite Wed 05-Apr-17 13:39:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

shirleycartersaidso Wed 05-Apr-17 13:42:29

It is banned in our car, always has been unless on long drive eg France, not a couple of hours up the road!

PinkHeart59156816 Wed 05-Apr-17 13:43:25

My Dc are 8 months & 19 months so I just don't give them food in the car, and me and dh don't eat in the car. A dirty car would annoy me!

Do your dc really need to eat in the car? I can understand it on a long journey but otherwise surely they can wait. YANBU

xStefx Wed 05-Apr-17 13:44:45

Bloody hell I should ban it in my car (Its me that's the problem not DD) . I could feed the 5000 with leftovers fallen in my car. Strangely enough im OCD in the house .. Weird!

Must get my car cleaned

SerialReJoiner Wed 05-Apr-17 13:48:30

My banning of food always lasts about a week, tops. We always end up needing to grab lunch when we go out, for some reason.

Poor planning, clearly.

themueslicamel Wed 05-Apr-17 13:49:12

Dc are 15,12 and 8 so more then old enough to not eat in the car to be honest.

It's more snacks on the way back from the 12 million clubs a day we seems to do these days hmm

wettunwindee Wed 05-Apr-17 13:50:02

I love my car. I have a small brush in the glovebox to dust the air vents.

If anyone doesn't like the rules, they are free to walk.

dangermouseisace Wed 05-Apr-17 13:51:00

YANBU to ban food but it is practically impossible to stick to if you have kids. I've tried so, so many times.

I've bought a tiny car hoover (plus into cigarette lighter thingy) and a stash of inside the car wipes from Wilko's…when I'm hanging about being mum taxi I have a bit of a clean up and that seems to help.

Orlantina Wed 05-Apr-17 13:53:18

What - no chicken nuggets grin

We are very bad at this.

SecretNetter Wed 05-Apr-17 13:53:52

Yanbu if you think you can maintain it.

For me it would be too much hassle. Eating in the car happens regularly (not frequently really but often enough that it would cause a pain to ban it).

Sometimes if we're rushing, the dc have a banana in the car on the way to school (peeled before we leave though!). Sometimes we grab a McDonald's lunch if we're out all day and between places and the dc eat as we go. If we go on a day trip with a really early start, we take breakfast with us (fruit/croissants/squeezy yogs) and eat it at a decent time on the road rather than at 6am at home...yeah, not maintainable in the long run for us!

themueslicamel Wed 05-Apr-17 13:56:57

I like the idea of keeping cleaning materials in the car though to try to keep on top of things.

I will get a shovel and couple of refuse sacks and some super strength bleach to pop in the boot.....

Porpoiselife Wed 05-Apr-17 14:02:49

Not unreasonable at all. My dc (there's 4 of them) are not allowed to eat in the car. The only exception is if we are stuck in traffic for hours and they make a start on the picnic or something like that!

It's just because of leaving food mess. I'm not precious about my car, it's about 13 years old and not pristine! But I just don't Want to find 4 week old sandwich crusts or food wrappers when I clean it.

HollyJollyDillydolly Wed 05-Apr-17 14:06:07

We don't eat in my car. It's not new or fancy either, it's 12yrs old but I keep it clean and tidy. The kids eat in dhs car as he never cleans or tidies his so he doesn't mind a few wrappers!

BusterGonad Wed 05-Apr-17 14:08:25

Eating isn't banned in my car but you take your rubbish with you when you leave, if you eat in the car tidy up after yourself, my son isn't too much of a messy eater but for obvious reasons he won't eat stuff like a huge ice cream cone covered in chocolate syrup etc. dry cheerios are the best car food, no mess and no stickiness.

Renaissance2017 Wed 05-Apr-17 14:10:28

God no. The dogs love finding the scraps in the car!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: