Advanced search

to want compensation?

(9 Posts)
sushiforever Wed 05-Apr-17 07:32:34

Any advice very gratefully received - Last year I had vaser lipo surgery on my neck and the surgeon (Harley Street, recommended) took too much fat from my cheeks on one side and she also burnt off half my earlobe on that side. I've been back since several times at huge time and travel cost to have check ups and fillers which has improved my appearance but I'm not able to wear heavy earrings as skin too thin beneath pierced hole and my face is a little lumpy where the fillers were put over my face muscles. Also, I will have to go back for re-fills every couple of years. I mentioned compensation immediately and they dragged their heals and finally I got a letter saying that I will have no compensation as they went into liquidation, but are still using the same premises, website, etc as have only changed their "business" name. The doctor who performed my surgery has since been struck off and they want me to allow access to my medical records to help with that process. What should I do?? Thanks.

Universitychallenging Wed 05-Apr-17 07:34:01

You really need to go and get proper legal advice from a solicitor who has all the information, as I said on your other thread.

Good luck.

MsJamieFraser Wed 05-Apr-17 07:34:51

Get legal advise.

However you also need to look at your consent forms, it's possible a complication of the treatment you paid for.

MsJamieFraser Wed 05-Apr-17 07:35:03


HerOtherHalf Wed 05-Apr-17 07:44:12

IANAL but surely compensation would be dealt with by their insurance so going into liquidation would be irrelevant even if true.

Universitychallenging Wed 05-Apr-17 07:48:57

It totally depends on the contract the op had with the provider and the consent form she signed.

Hence no one here can really give advice.

Pigface1 Wed 05-Apr-17 08:24:27

Absolutely can't give advice on this OP - you need a specialist medical negligence solicitor. All the best x

araiwa Wed 05-Apr-17 08:27:04

is it possible to get compensation from a thing that doesn't exist?

you need proper legal advice from a proper lawyer who deals with such matters

Crumbs1 Wed 05-Apr-17 08:35:00

You need advice but I'd be surprised if the consent form you signed didn't list these as known complications.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: