Talk

Advanced search

To really love erasure?!

(28 Posts)
Bottlesoflove Tue 04-Apr-17 14:18:40

Have an erasure Spotify moment whilst dancing round the house doing some housework. So many great songs - brings me so many memories! Seriously underrated imo.

Who's your random guilty pleasure?

BorpBorpBorp Tue 04-Apr-17 14:20:19

Why guilty? Erasure are great.

DonttouchthatLarry Tue 04-Apr-17 14:20:26

I think they're a bit like ELO - all the songs sound pretty much the same, but make you sing and dance along. Great housework music!

MitzyLeFrouf Tue 04-Apr-17 14:25:52

Erasure are brilliant. I defy anyone not to start grooving when they hear the opening bars of A Little Respect.

Right Said Fred, now that would be a guilty pleasure.

Bottlesoflove Tue 04-Apr-17 14:25:57

Their music just makes me so happy! Can't explain it. But then music generally does. Been a bit depressed recently after getting bogged down in the drudgery of life, and have been trying to identify what makes me happy and lifts my mood (rather than booze and crap food) and think I can definitely add pop music, especially erasure, to the list! 😊

FrenchLavender Tue 04-Apr-17 14:26:07

They are fab. I am not a massive fan of 80's music generally, even though I was an 80's teenager but Erasure were great.

Bottlesoflove Tue 04-Apr-17 14:28:12

My old gay housemate use to share a love of 80s/early 90s pop. I think he is the only person I have ever met who also knew the words to most of ace of base's songs. 😳

Bottlesoflove Tue 04-Apr-17 14:29:53

Adding ELO to the playlist as we speak... also a bit of deacon blue I reckon...😉

Naughtyfrog Tue 04-Apr-17 14:39:51

Erasure are my choice of work soundtrack when I have a tight deadline. ❤️ Them.
Nothing to feel guilty about 😁

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 04-Apr-17 14:58:00

Nothing to be guilty about. Have seen them recently locally. Always a great night out. Andy Bell has still got it! (The voice and the moves).

I'm off to put "Love to Hate You" on right now!

secretfreckle Tue 04-Apr-17 15:35:04

Love them! My very first concert with my best friend when we were in Sixth Form. Saw them again recently and they were still brilliant.

Guiltypleasures001 Tue 04-Apr-17 15:44:42

I was treated to tickets for my 21st to see them and Andy Bell in his full gold spandex glory, that was 29yrs ago 😩 and I am Guilty Pleasures 😎

Bottlesoflove Wed 05-Apr-17 08:17:11

Think my faves are defo chorus, am I right, and I love Saturdays. For some reason they evoke the most memories.

ithakabythesea Wed 05-Apr-17 08:19:50

It's just one, psychological drama after another...!

I love Erasure - why guilty pleasure? They are a great band, stomping tunes and tortured soul lyrics, great combination.

God only knows, the infinite complexities of love....

Bottlesoflove Wed 05-Apr-17 08:19:49

Guilty, my dad had to gently explain that Andy bell probably wouldn't be interested in me - I had a massive crush on him! After that I became completely convinced that he would totes want to be my gbf if our paths were ever to cross! Just love his voice!

Bottlesoflove Wed 05-Apr-17 09:24:44

Psychological drama? Really? If this is a psychological drama...🤔

kissmethere Wed 05-Apr-17 09:40:17

I was in a shop and they were playing Erasure last week! Totally enjoyed it and lingered a little longer to listen. Which I usually NEVER have time to do when I'm shopping.

Rainydayspending Wed 05-Apr-17 09:46:44

My uncle was in Andy Bell's form at school. Great music.

AliceKlar Wed 05-Apr-17 10:00:26

Haven't listened to them for years but loved them. Bloody fantastic tunes and just the right amount of angst without sounding totally up themselves and overly miserable. Don't be guilty. Erasure - out and proud! (Going to listen to some right now on the back of this thread).

AprilLudgate30 Wed 05-Apr-17 10:19:30

Oh I love Erasure! They remind me of being a kid - Love To Hate You is my fave.

Bottlesoflove Wed 05-Apr-17 11:16:51

I love that Andy bell's voice is so similar to Alison Moyet's, and not especially more masculine! Apparently that is why he was chosen by the other chap, but AB is infinitely better IMO...

TheMasterNotMargarita Wed 05-Apr-17 11:18:51

They are fab.
Also Pet Shop Boys.

Thornyrose7 Wed 05-Apr-17 11:21:19

Yanbu.
The intro to 'Sometimes' gives me the chills.
'Give a little respect' is a classic.
What's not to like?

ElspethFlashman Wed 05-Apr-17 11:25:29

Oh I'm definitely going to have to download some Erasure now. I had all the cassettes back in the day.

I was so innocent though - AB did a photoshoot with Smash Hits in his house all dressed up in his club gear - doing the washing up wearing nothing but latex hotpants and a suggestive look over the shoulder and I was oblivious! I just thought that must be what trendy Londoners were wearing! grin

Piano Song always, always makes me weepy though. As I grow older the world forgets me - and talks to me as if I'm some kind of child sadsadsad

zukiecat Wed 05-Apr-17 11:31:51

Erasure are great!

The video for Gaudete is brilliant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now