Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a new bed for Nachodog?

(11 Posts)
ItsNachoCheese Tue 04-Apr-17 12:58:01

Posting here for traffic. Nachodog is an almost 9yo lab x staffy and he needs a new bed as the mat i had for him has finally given up and is done now. I want one with decent support as hes getting on a bit. He has a plastic bed upstairs with pillows etc in it for when he isnt in my bed. The living room bed needs to be fairly durable as he is a chewer and is prone to ahem humpy episodes 😂. Any recommendations will be greatly recieved. Here he is to see the size of him

KinkyAfro Tue 04-Apr-17 13:00:08

Ortis beds are brill but pricey, my dog loves hers, had to tip it up last night to get her out of it grin

ItsNachoCheese Tue 04-Apr-17 13:01:05

How pricey is pricey? Im scared to ask 😂

Yura Tue 04-Apr-17 14:11:13

Would a cot or cot bed mattress be an option? We used these for our lab - not expensive (especially if used by a child before) and very supportive

Tippytappytoes Tue 04-Apr-17 14:46:02

Buy a memory foam offcut (I got mine via 3rd party seller on Amazon) and a waterproof dog bed cover. Make your own bed for a fraction of the price.

CustardOmlet Tue 04-Apr-17 15:02:52

m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/dog_beds_baskets/orthopaedic_dog_beds/mattress/535518

I got my boxer this, he's nearly 9yrs old and he's very happy

Withershins Tue 04-Apr-17 15:07:06

We have a Great Dane who can destroy a normal bed inside of a month, we bought her a raised dog bed from HiK9. It has lasted over 2 years now and you can buy replacement cover mesh should you need to. It took her a few days to get used to it, but it is easier to get on and off than a bed on the floor, and is easy to keep clean. They are not cheap, but cheaper than regularly replacing bedding smile

CalonGoch Tue 04-Apr-17 15:11:42

YY to the memory foam offcut and the bed cover. I got a fleecy cover from Tuffies to fit over a thick mattress for my elderly dog but they do chew-resistant ones too. Not the cheapest, but cheaper than replacing Pets at Home cushions that are easily ripped and go lumpy in the wash bitter voice of experience

Dog LOVED it. It was so comfy she even preferred it to the sofa. Which is saying something.

ItsNachoCheese Tue 04-Apr-17 17:59:01

calon wheres best to get the memory foam offcut?

CalonGoch Tue 04-Apr-17 18:29:36

I ordered a chunk from this place, thefoamshop but I think you can get it from Amazon or other websites. I see from Googling that Silent Night are even getting into the dog bed racket!

FortunaMajor Tue 04-Apr-17 19:37:00

Have a look at Coolaroo beds, they might work for him.

I have a large GSD and as well as a coolaroo she has a large foam sofa seat cushion that I made a waterproof cover for from shower curtains and then removable cloth covers for washing. I got the foam from Abakhans for about £10.

In typical GSD she sleeps on the floor next to the bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now