Talk

Advanced search

To think at 32 weeks pregnant with twins I can eat what I want without being judged?

(43 Posts)
CadburyMellos Tue 04-Apr-17 12:10:00

I'm craving bbq sauce and onions so I made a sandwich with just fried onions and bbq sauce. Bloody delicious. My sister who's visiting me said it's digusting and I should be eating healthy. I do eat healthy most of the time.

AIBU to think I can eat what I want when I'm 32 weeks pregnant with twins??

SaltySalt Tue 04-Apr-17 12:12:41

Eat what you want pregnant or not!

GoldenHoops Tue 04-Apr-17 12:13:41

Of course you can, was she jealous because you didn't make her one!

OttoChocoLab Tue 04-Apr-17 12:14:04

Yanbu!

Eat what you want, it's none of anyone else's business.

Fwiw, fried onion and barbecue sauce sandwich sounds bloody lovely (and I'm not pregnant) grin

watchoutformybutt Tue 04-Apr-17 12:15:41

Eat her.

hibbledobble Tue 04-Apr-17 12:15:46

It sounds a bit odd to me, but strangely appetising at the same time.

Eat what you like!

contractor6 Tue 04-Apr-17 12:17:13

Well it has tomatoes and onions so two of your 5 a day....

Dogblep Tue 04-Apr-17 12:20:05

I think that sounds vastly healthier than a lot of choices out there.

SuperManStoleMyPants Tue 04-Apr-17 12:20:33

Ha! That's my vegetarian hotdog recipie. It's best with a part baked baguette.

I'm 30 weeks pregnant and anyone who comments on my diet shall be eaten smothered in tomato ketchup.

TheProblemOfSusan Tue 04-Apr-17 12:20:44

That's not exactly the worst crime against healthy eating I've ever heard of. It's an update unusual sandwich but it doesn't need to appeal to anyone but you - she should butt out.

Also, it's the height of rudeness to police other people's food, or slagging it off in front of them. The only comment any one should ever make about food you're eating is "gosh that looks nice" and positive variations thereupon.

Astro55 Tue 04-Apr-17 12:21:26

You can't help the cravings! Eat what your body is telling you you need!

Tuna and cheese with crisps was mine! And sugar cubes!!

TheProblemOfSusan Tue 04-Apr-17 12:21:57

Oh god autocorrect murdered that, sorry.

Also I really want to try this on a soft white roll now.

zzzzz Tue 04-Apr-17 12:23:39

Sit down and make the mouthy one cook it.
angry

That said, eat it while you can, at some point there just isn't room for food and babies!shockshockshock

ellesbellesxxx Tue 04-Apr-17 12:25:26

Oh that does sound good!
Don't worry about it.. I am now 29 weeks with twins but for the first 13 weeks all I could keep down were crisps, cheese on toast and oranges.. you have to go with what your body tells you!!!!!

sugarplumfairy2010 Tue 04-Apr-17 12:30:22

Ignore her im 18 weeks pregnant and just had a kebab for my dinner. I hope no one judged me but i never eat them normally. Pregnancy makes us eat wierd things.

willothewisp17 Tue 04-Apr-17 12:32:53

eat what you want, nothing worse than someone telling you what you can and can't eat! I hate the 'oh that's not good for the baby' comments when sitting down with something to eat 🙄

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Tue 04-Apr-17 12:34:44

Yep, eating was hard with singleton pregnancy but twins?? I either threw everything up, couldn't taste anything at all, or couldn't fit anything in. If you've found something you can actually enjoy, eat it! You should have some pleasure in between the aching hips and lack of sleep. And it actually sounds delicious.

TurquoiseDress Tue 04-Apr-17 12:36:04

Just eat whatever you want, regardless of whether you are pregnant or not!!

Floggingmolly Tue 04-Apr-17 12:38:04

There's nothing inherently unhealthy about onions? Get stuck in!

BorpBorpBorp Tue 04-Apr-17 12:39:39

You should be able to eat whatever you want without being judged any time, doesn't matter if you're pregnant.

ChrisYoungFuckingRocks Tue 04-Apr-17 12:40:23

I wish my cravings had been that healthy lol. When I was pregnant with twins I craved cheese & onion crisps, and white chocolate. And cherries, in the middle of winter!

FerdinandsRevenge Tue 04-Apr-17 12:50:13

Bbq sauce and onions.. it's hardly crack is it?

Sounds good, but I'd have shoved a black bean burger in there for some tooth action.

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Tue 04-Apr-17 12:51:48

Of course YANBU.

It wouldn't have been my choice without a sausage but so what?

Your sister needs to mind her own business, and also offer to cook your BBQ onion sandwich for you grin.

Allthebestnamesareused Tue 04-Apr-17 12:51:56

Cravings apparently usually indicate that your body needs one of the nutrients in that food group. Therefore you are eating healthily!

Olympiathequeen Tue 04-Apr-17 12:54:53

Obviously you can eat what you want. Just don't moan about all the 'baby weight' you will be trying to shift for the next 10 years grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now